General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to Snake River Harley in Twin Falls, ID

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Kudos to Snake River Harley in Twin Falls, ID

I was 1,000 miles into a planned 4,000 mile trip, just coming out of Shoshone, ID when I turned the throttle to pass a cage. The engine went faster but the bike went slower, not a good sign. Pulled off to the side of the road, shifted into first, let out the clutch and little metal filings came out from under the primary. Called triple A and got a tow to Snake River Harley. I arrived in the middle of lunch (12:30) but the service writer, Chad, came out to meet me while we were unloading the bike. While we were writing up the paper work, a service tech, Chuck, came out and wheeled the bike into the shop and put it on the rack. Long story short, the front drive sprocket had stripped all the teeth on the inside where it attached to drive shaft from the transmission. They had to disassemble the entire primary, including removing the inner primary, to get the part out. They had a replacement kit in stock (seems this is a common problem with '98 to '05 (I think) bikes. They had me back on the road in 4 and a half hours from start to finish. What really impressed me its that they dropped everything else to help a "traveling" rider get on with their trip. Oh yeah, the whole thing cost me $600 bucks. Their labor rate is $75 per hour, $25 less than here at home. I truely didn't expect to be back on the road the same day when I was sitting on the side of the raod.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dispite many horror stories, there are some really good dealers around. You have seen proof of that. Thanks for sharing the story.