General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Port Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012 | 03:25 PM
P Diddy
|
Novice

Originally Posted by gotnspikes
Buying a set of V&H Big Radius from a guy I ride with sometimes for $100. He's going to get the o2 ports drilled (they are currently plated over) at a shop he has access too. I have to wait until he has time to do this which is going to be first part of Oct. I have a 2012 Softail Deluxe that I've had for a little over a year now, with the stock pipes that I think are ugly. I am chomping at the bit to get the new to me pipes put on my bike. Can't believe I'm getting the pipes I want for $100.

He's even throwing in new gaskets.
A new set of pipes for $100?!? You can't go wrong with that. A lot of guys plug the o2 ports and route around the system. I had to buy a new o2 sensor for these pipes. When removing the sensors from the stock pipes one of them stripped out and couldn't reuse it. Had I known going in what was going to be involved I might have let the stealership just do it for me. But look at all the fun I would have missed out on!

Old 09-13-2012 | 05:15 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by P Diddy
A new set of pipes for $100?!? You can't go wrong with that. A lot of guys plug the o2 ports and route around the system. I had to buy a new o2 sensor for these pipes. When removing the sensors from the stock pipes one of them stripped out and couldn't reuse it. Had I known going in what was going to be involved I might have let the stealership just do it for me. But look at all the fun I would have missed out on!

Mind you, they aren't brand new pipes, just new to me....but yes, I think it would be more enjoyable to do the work myself with a friend even with possible scratches and scrapes on my knuckles and other things that can happen over letting the stealership do it.