General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Grantour bag faulty zippers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by kelton3
On the Grantour bag the flap on top wouldn't stay zipped and started flapping in the wind and hitting me on the back, I pulled over and took out a box cutter, cut it off and threw it down a ravine. I figured Kuryakyn wouldn't honor and warranty they had. Now the main compartment zipper is starting to go....

Also there are a few other posts about Kuryakyn zippers and the company is difficult to work with.
Honestly I've only dealt with Kuryakyn customer service one time and after my first phone call they sent me the part I was looking for at no charge.

My wife has been using the Grantour bag for 5 years (2-3 trips/yr) and her's is holding up fine. IMO Cutting the top off sounds a bit drastic over something as simple as a zipper.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
kelton3
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
Honestly I've only dealt with Kuryakyn customer service one time and after my first phone call they sent me the part I was looking for at no charge.

My wife has been using the Grantour bag for 5 years (2-3 trips/yr) and her's is holding up fine. IMO Cutting the top off sounds a bit drastic over something as simple as a zipper.
I know. Impulsive reaction.... It's a character defect, I am trying to be more patient in life... I just thought if I were to pay that much for a bag, it was going to last a very long time. I just ordered a Saddlemen Br4100 which is about the same size which provided a backrest. I hope this one will last longer, if not I may have the impulsion to keep littering the ravine.