General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Ethanol gas

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Tampakingpin
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a little place over Labor Day that sold Ethonol free gas and tried it out. I did not necessarily see a huge difference. Anyone have any problems from non-ethonol free gas? Never really thought it was a huge problem, just pick it up when I see it available.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Have a place a few miles down the road that sells ethanol free but you usually have to wait. I'm going to start running that in my lawn equipment, but don't want to make a major production out of gassing up the bike and car. I'll just get the ethanol gas and use the marine stabil and hope for the best.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 122c
Must ask as is says on the pump not rec for highway use ???? I use Non Eth high test In all lawn Equip and Woods 4 wheeler but have been afraid to run in bike ?? Will this damage ?

Would you abbreviate that for me please?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 AM
CLYDE60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here we go again in my truck it gets better mileage 89 ethonal than the 87 regular and is cheaper. I have a 110 gallon tank in my back shed just refilled it it lasted 13 months I use that ethonal gas in my mowers, washer, fork truck ect. no problems and have never used staybil or anything else. I just started my power washer to wash the deck first time this year started 2nd pull.
Next the guy's will be on here about shorting our food supply. Yea, there's a big corn shortage around here, Must be why the government is still paying the farmers for set aside acres so they won't grow anymore. Sorry for the rant, but this topic has gotten old to me.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
SinisterX
Road Warrior
Received 1,362 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
This has nothing to do with anything other than being a fun fact, 1 gallon of gasoline is equivalent to 14 sticks of dynamite.

Ok, I will shut up now.

BuzzCap7

Is that a U.S. or Imperial gallon?

Old 09-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
A nice little gas station/convenience store close to the house - I noticed today that they have a sign - "No Ethanol". Life is good!
A station about 5 miles from my place just put up a big banner advertising "Conventional Gas - No Ethanol"
I'll be filling up there next ride to see how the SG does.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:21 PM
flstsci
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wide_Open
Have a place a few miles down the road that sells ethanol free but you usually have to wait. I'm going to start running that in my lawn equipment, but don't want to make a major production out of gassing up the bike and car. I'll just get the ethanol gas and use the marine stabil and hope for the best.
use seafoam

Old 09-10-2012, 03:16 PM
PktChg
Tourer

Originally Posted by CLYDE60
Here we go again in my truck it gets better mileage 89 ethonal than the 87 regular and is cheaper. I have a 110 gallon tank in my back shed just refilled it it lasted 13 months I use that ethonal gas in my mowers, washer, fork truck ect. no problems and have never used staybil or anything else. I just started my power washer to wash the deck first time this year started 2nd pull.
Next the guy's will be on here about shorting our food supply. Yea, there's a big corn shortage around here, Must be why the government is still paying the farmers for set aside acres so they won't grow anymore. Sorry for the rant, but this topic has gotten old to me.
Ever hear of Monsanto and the Gov't perks they get?????????

Old 09-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PktChg
Ever hear of Monsanto and the Gov't perks they get?????????
They must have the aholes in the Washington State legislature in their back pocket. All 4 of the ethanol free stations up here have gone to all ethanol blends. New law.Thanks,you *** wipes.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Armyman2988
Cruiser

Well since for most of us there isn't an ethanol free station near us, here is some stuff that I use in the boat and jet skis. It works really well and havn't had any problems. The boat is a 94' King Fisher bass boat with a 250 HP Yamaha. Have not had a single problem with the fuel system since using this stuff.

http://shop.bellperformance.com/prod...thanol-defense

Quick Reply: No Ethanol gas