Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers in Tn,AL, Ms.. any experience with dealers in these states?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 PM
ldman
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealers in Tn,AL, Ms.. any experience with dealers in these states?

Here's a list of dealers closest to me. Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with any of these, and which ones are the best to deal with?

Natchez Trace Harley- Tuscumbia AL
Bumpus Harley - Collierville Tn
Southern Thunder - Southhaven Ms
All of the Memphis Dealerships
Chunky River - Meridian Ms
Bumpus - Jackson Ms
Rocket Harley - Madison AL
Heart of Dixie - Pelham AL
Harley - Jackson Ms
Riders - Trussville AL

Thanks for any replies.

Dave

Old 09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Southern Thunder wil probably offer the best deal. They are a Rossmeyer dealership and will deal with you. The last two HD's I've bought I got from ST. IMO they are one of the best dealers I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. I've also dealt with Bumpus but be prepared to pay at least MSRP.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
gobblerhuntr
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Natchez Trace Harley- Tuscumbia AL Good
Bumpus Harley - Collierville Tn Good
Southern Thunder - Southhaven Ms Good
All of the Memphis Dealerships
Chunky River - Meridian Ms Good
Bumpus - Jackson Ms Don't do business there anymore
Rocket Harley - Madison AL Never been there
Heart of Dixie - Pelham AL Never been there
Harley - Jackson Ms Never been there
Riders - Trussville AL Never been there

Old 09-04-2012, 10:07 PM
rdc401
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 88 Posts

bought two from southernthunder,average to deal with.did have an problem with repair on my first bike,so dont use service department.but that is ok do my own.natchez hd,new owners,last time i was there they seam like nice people.they were very nice,let us look around without pressure.asked if we have any questions let them know.we talked about upgrades.i believe they would be a good place to start.southernthunder will push pretty hard to sale,they do have a bigger selections.the last time i was there the used bikes were dirty,the employees change hands pretty quick there.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM
rebelpiper
Cruiser

I know for a fact that Cookie at Nachez Trace will beat MSRP. i was pricing the softail slim this summer and he beat all the other dealers i called by several hundred bucks

raphael at Rocket is a good guy to deal with, but hes only a salesman and probably cant do much on the price

Danny at Heart of Dixie is a good guy to deal with...same as raphael

if you make it over to heart of dixie sent me PM and ill meet you at Hooters for a brew

Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 PM
oaken1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
Southern Thunder wil probably offer the best deal. They are a Rossmeyer dealership and will deal with you. The last two HD's I've bought I got from ST. IMO they are one of the best dealers I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. I've also dealt with Bumpus but be prepared to pay at least MSRP.

That is good info....I live outside Clinto, LA and have been shopping at Baton Rouge Harley...great folks,...but a base WG with paint was 1500 bucks more than the msrp of the one I built myself online...with paint, seat, pipes, air filter, etc...
Would be nice to deal with a dealer that charges msrp or less....even if I have to drive a bit.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,310 Posts

Originally Posted by ldman
Here's a list of dealers closest to me. Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with any of these, and which ones are the best to deal with?Dave

Natchez Trace Harley- Tuscumbia AL Recently changed hands from what was Foster's HD. Good folks, lots of help when it was Foster's. Not sure now, might be the same.

Bumpus Harley - Collierville Tn. No personal experience but known to be a good dealership from other guys I work with.

Rocket Harley - Madison AL. The go-to place for a T shirt if you also want to flirt with the girls. Otherwise RUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will rip you on a bike and don't even get me started about the "parts" department. I've heard horror stories about the service as well.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

I wouldnt **** on the Bumpus of Jackson dealership if it was on fire and they would give me a new bike... That place is for the leathered up coffee drinkers, and if they dont know you, then they wont even talk to you... Went in there a few months back with a buddy and not once did they offer any help... and the place was dead, I could see if they was busy, but they were slow, and we still couldnt get any help... place is a joke...

Old 09-05-2012, 12:04 PM
SharkBit
Advanced

Great bunch of guys at Heart Of Dixie...I have bought a couple bikes from there and know several folks that have bought 2 and 3 bikes from them...Everyone is super nice in sales or service. Ask for Dennis or Chase exceptional folks.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM
ldman
5th Gear

Thanks for the Info and replies guys.. rebelpiper, I'll take you up on the Hooters and beer invite if I make it your way.

Dave

Quick Reply: Dealers in Tn,AL, Ms.. any experience with dealers in these states?