General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a Dynojet Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:51 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ordered a Dynojet Power Vision

After much research and speaking to various people I finally broke down and ordered a Power Vision. What finally sold me is that you can purchase a license from Dynojet to use the Power Vision on more than one bike. Also, the simplicity of plugging in the unit and being able to download various tunes and make adjustments specific to your bike was a strong selling point. I currently have two bikes and both will need a tune. The cost was more than I wanted to spend, but hopefully will be worth it in the long run.

Anyone already running a Power Vision please chime in with your experiences, both positive and negative. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:09 PM
103RATRIDE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a powervision for my stage one kit and im very pleased it was basic plug and play not too much thinking on the nogging to make it work with ur bike, overall im pretty happy with it,bike runs smooth with it installed.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:54 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,377 Likes on 2,547 Posts

$500 for the powervision, $200 for the second license. makes it come out to $350 per bike. thats pretty darn reasonable if you ask me.

oh, and i like my powervision as well.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I have one and if I ever replace my bike............I'm keeping it.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

I have two maps on mine. One gets better gas mileage the other better performance. Both work great.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 711 Likes on 353 Posts

Same here, it'll stay with me for the next bike (assuming its still compatible). Very simple to use on a basic level or you can really get into it and fine tune. tuning out some spark knock is about as far as I've gone, bike runs good.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Riven02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish they offered a cheap version without the fancy screen. I don't want it mounted on the bike. I just want a simple Tuner and logger.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Trying to make up my mind on this. My local indy claims if you get your bike dyno tuned you don't want the Power Vision, you want either a Power Commander or the SERT because they are more tunable. The more I read about it the less I buy what he's saying.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,377 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Riven02
I wish they offered a cheap version without the fancy screen. I don't want it mounted on the bike. I just want a simple Tuner and logger.
so don't mount it on your bike. i keep mine in my saddlebag.

Originally Posted by Wide_Open
Trying to make up my mind on this. My local indy claims if you get your bike dyno tuned you don't want the Power Vision, you want either a Power Commander or the SERT because they are more tunable. The more I read about it the less I buy what he's saying.
i have a pv. i also have a dyno tune. done by jamie when he did the 107 upgrade earlier this year. runs great. 98hp/124tq

Old 09-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wide_Open
He has it backwards. The PowerVision is like the SERT and will actually re-write the tables in your Engine Control Module (ECM). The PowerCommander "spoofs" the ECM into doing what you program into the PowerCommander. I'd have him tell you what...exactly...the Power Commander can adjust that the Power Vision can't. I mean, with fueling the PV can re-write your VE tables...these are the root tables for fueling and all your other fueling calculations are based on them. I KNOW the Power Commander can't do that.

Keep in mind that you can do a dyno tune with the Power Vision. Think of it this way, the Power Vision is the tool, the Dyno Tune is the work being done. Thus you can tighten a bolt (dyno tune) with a socket wrench (Power Vision), racheting box wrench (SERT) or a pair of pliers (Power Commander). All of them will do the job. The great thing about the Power Vision is you don't HAVE to do a dyno tune...it has a feature that will let you log your riding time and then use those logs to re-write your tune and give you a new tune similar to what a dyno guy would do called Autotune. If you're using the basic Autotune it won't be as good as a dyno tune since you're using the stock narrow band O2 sensors. If you get the Autotune pro kit, you get wide band O2 sensors just like a dyno guy would use and these will give you a much better tune. I went nuts and installed the Wide Band O2s on my dyna IN ADDITION to the stock narrow band units and used both for my Autotune. Best of both worlds.

Last edited by Robotech; 09-05-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Ordered a Dynojet Power Vision