General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a Dynojet Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
so don't mount it on your bike. i keep mine in my saddlebag.
Damn, wish I thought of that. I have a solo bag and was wanting to scan the bike this weekend. I can hook it up, start the log, and toss the PV in my solo bag. Hate having it mounted...such a pain to take on and off.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:09 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 711 Likes on 353 Posts

Yep, mine rides in the tourpac during datalog runs.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:09 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The Power Vision arrived today and it took me less than 5 minutes to plug it into the data port and download the tune that Fuel Moto supplied. This is exactly the ease of use that I was hoping. The bike started fine and seems to run well. I only had time to take it for a quick spin, but the throttle response feels smoother for sure and it seems like I have hardly any decel popping now. I'll have to take it for a longer ride to make any other determinations. I'm looking forward to playing with the Power Vision. The touch screen controls make it very user friendly.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:31 PM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you get the AC with the Vision? I think I am about to order the Vision and also need to get the AC. The only issue with the AC ordering from Fuelmoto is I do not like the big AC on that comes with the bike and want to get a smaller rounded one. I am not sure if the AC from Fuelmoto will enable me to fit other rounded ACs? Or is the AC from Fuelmoto just the filter itself?

To the OP...what pipes do you have on your bike? I am considering the VH Bigshots (chrome or black) but on the fence if I should get the Straightshots or some kind of 2in1...so many decisions to make. I will not order the Vision until I decide what exhaust to get though.

My issue is I have a black denim StreetBob and not sure if I should get chrome or black exhausts too!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:32 PM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW...is this Vision considered a piggyback fuel mgmt? What fuel mgmt is considered a piggyback system?

Old 09-08-2012, 01:43 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 711 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by blueridge
BTW...is this Vision considered a piggyback fuel mgmt? What fuel mgmt is considered a piggyback system?
Power Vision is a flash, not a piggyback. Power Commander is a piggyback.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:47 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Last edited by frenchbiker; 09-08-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Already answered
Old 09-08-2012, 02:06 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blueridge
Did you get the AC with the Vision? I think I am about to order the Vision and also need to get the AC. The only issue with the AC ordering from Fuelmoto is I do not like the big AC on that comes with the bike and want to get a smaller rounded one. I am not sure if the AC from Fuelmoto will enable me to fit other rounded ACs? Or is the AC from Fuelmoto just the filter itself?

To the OP...what pipes do you have on your bike? I am considering the VH Bigshots (chrome or black) but on the fence if I should get the Straightshots or some kind of 2in1...so many decisions to make. I will not order the Vision until I decide what exhaust to get though.

My issue is I have a black denim StreetBob and not sure if I should get chrome or black exhausts too!
I have a Velociraptor air intake and Bassani Firepower slip ons on my 1200 Sporty and that's the bike I've used the Power Vision on. I also have a Road King and will be buying an additional license from Dynojet and get a tune for that bike as well. The beauty of buying the Power Vision from Fuel Moto is that they will provide you with unlimited custom tunes for free as you make different modifications to your bike.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotech
He has it backwards. The PowerVision is like the SERT and will actually re-write the tables in your Engine Control Module (ECM). The PowerCommander "spoofs" the ECM into doing what you program into the PowerCommander. I'd have him tell you what...exactly...the Power Commander can adjust that the Power Vision can't. I mean, with fueling the PV can re-write your VE tables...these are the root tables for fueling and all your other fueling calculations are based on them. I KNOW the Power Commander can't do that.

Keep in mind that you can do a dyno tune with the Power Vision. Think of it this way, the Power Vision is the tool, the Dyno Tune is the work being done. Thus you can tighten a bolt (dyno tune) with a socket wrench (Power Vision), racheting box wrench (SERT) or a pair of pliers (Power Commander). All of them will do the job. The great thing about the Power Vision is you don't HAVE to do a dyno tune...it has a feature that will let you log your riding time and then use those logs to re-write your tune and give you a new tune similar to what a dyno guy would do called Autotune. If you're using the basic Autotune it won't be as good as a dyno tune since you're using the stock narrow band O2 sensors. If you get the Autotune pro kit, you get wide band O2 sensors just like a dyno guy would use and these will give you a much better tune. I went nuts and installed the Wide Band O2s on my dyna IN ADDITION to the stock narrow band units and used both for my Autotune. Best of both worlds.
Well I think I have my chopper sold so it's time to seriously think about what engine mods I want on my Night Train. Now armed with this info I'll have another talk with my Indy. Thanks for the heads up.