General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Visa chrome cash

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:26 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts
Default HD Visa chrome cash

Has any one ordered their chrome cash lately? If so, how long did it take to get it from the time you called?

I've only cashed mine in once and can't remember how long it took to get it.

Thanks

Old 09-02-2012, 10:47 PM
greendragon52
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 85 Likes on 30 Posts

Last time I ordered, over a year ago, I think it was about 2-3 weeks

Old 09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Dang. I was thinking/hoping it didn't take that long. Wanted to use it as a part of my down payment on the other bike I'm buying. Don't think they'll wait that long. Guess I'll just have to pull it out of savings and use the chrome cash for mods. Didn't really want to have to but oh well.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:13 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Mine came in about 2 weeks.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:18 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

it depends on when you order it. seems they have a set cutoff date and if you miss it by a day, then you wait longer. if you catch it right, then its quick.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
it depends on when you order it. seems they have a set cutoff date and if you miss it by a day, then you wait longer. if you catch it right, then its quick.

Some good new, thanks! I'm hoping this will be the case. I'm gonna order them as soon as the billing cycle drops, which I hope is tomorrow. I didn't plan on getting the new bike this fast....it just kind of feel into place.

Last edited by craigffb; 09-03-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:52 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

when you call in to redeem them, ask them when they will be cut. i've gotten them as fast as 5 days before. i've also had to wait 3 weeks. its all luck of the draw.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:05 AM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Dang. I was thinking/hoping it didn't take that long. Wanted to use it as a part of my down payment on the other bike I'm buying. Don't think they'll wait that long. Guess I'll just have to pull it out of savings and use the chrome cash for mods. Didn't really want to have to but oh well.
Dont use savings as down payment. Use your card and get the triple points then pay off card with savings when bill arrives. My last bike, they let me put 6K down with card which gave me another 180 bucks in chrome cash.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
when you call in to redeem them, ask them when they will be cut. i've gotten them as fast as 5 days before. i've also had to wait 3 weeks. its all luck of the draw.
I'll do that. I know in the long run free money on mods or the bike is free money, but in my mind free money on the bike is way better.
Originally Posted by kanelakos
Dont use savings as down payment. Use your card and get the triple points then pay off card with savings when bill arrives. My last bike, they let me put 6K down with card which gave me another 180 bucks in chrome cash.
I already put $1800 down on the bike with the card. They would only let me charge so much. I'm going to put more down so hopefully they will let me use it again if the chrome cash doesn't come in time since it will be a different transaction. The amount they would like me use the card for wasn't even close to what you got to do.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:23 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kanelakos
YES! Triple points...that's the way to do it. Dealer let me put $10K on it.

Quick Reply: HD Visa chrome cash