General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NH tragedy

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012 | 07:25 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Iron Butt Springer
Where do you think your Blue Hairs are from? Let me guess accidents are really bad there in the Winter....

Update:

When i first heard about this i told my GF ill bet it was a Massachusetts Driver....

The driver 87 is from Walpole Ma.... Its daily around here with Masshole drivers trying to kill us....
Dude, he,s from the town I live in Walpole NH a mile from my house, not Mass. The tragedy happened 6 miles from my house road closed most of the day--- I had been on a ride in Vermont[Wilkins HD] and some bbq in Killington.Met a group of riders from OC NY-- good guys. Knew relatives of one of the guys killed-- thoughts and prayers to all involved

Old 08-26-2012 | 07:38 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member

Group rides? Uh, no thanks

Old 08-26-2012 | 08:07 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Damn.....if I was home that is possibly a ride I may have gone on.....what a senseless tragedy

Old 08-26-2012 | 10:50 AM
HDchrome
Cruiser

Link to a local story on it, with video:
http://www.wmur.com/news/nh-news/Cra...dex.htmlttp://

Last edited by HDchrome; 08-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-26-2012 | 11:05 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

The driver of the car was unable to provide a reason as to why he crossed the center line. Huh? He doesn't know why he crossed the line? If that guy is ever allowed to drive a car again somethings wrong. Too damn feeble to make up an excuse! There's a small part of me that wonders if he did it on purpose.

Anyone know where in the procession this happened? Front, middle or towards the end? Unbelievable.

Old 08-26-2012 | 06:00 PM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Dude, he,s from the town I live in Walpole NH a mile from my house, not Mass. The tragedy happened 6 miles from my house road closed most of the day--- I had been on a ride in Vermont[Wilkins HD] and some bbq in Killington.Met a group of riders from OC NY-- good guys. Knew relatives of one of the guys killed-- thoughts and prayers to all involved

The news article i read stated he was from MASS?... Anyway you will agree about MASS Drivers, DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER DANGER

Also those of you on Bikes i'm not talking about you so don't get A$$ Bent

Old 08-26-2012 | 07:10 PM
hoops928
Tourer

Sad..thoughts and prayers for all....

Old 08-26-2012 | 07:12 PM
logdon17
Tourer

Hate to hear this, bunch of guys doing some good in this world and get taken out. Condolences to the familes

Old 08-26-2012 | 08:14 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 03psd
old fawker has no business driving. see it all the time here in FL. The DMV just keeps giving them drivers licenses and the family all too often doenst have the ***** or desire to intervene and say enough it enough. Lets hope his assets are sufficient for the families of all involve to get some thing.

this pisses me off and makes me not want to ride my bike.
I get a little weary of the senior citizen bashing every time there is an accident. Every day there are thousands of seniors going grocery shopping, doctor's appointments and other necessities of daily life and they cause no problems at all. Sure there comes a time when all of us, you included, will need to hang up our keys and find another way to get around. I'd like to think I'll know when that day comes but I might not until something happens that scares me enough. No one apparently knows why this guy caused the accident. He could have sneezed, been adjusting the radio or any number of things we all do that distract us for a moment. I really doubt that he would have done it on purpose.

You do realize too that every day all across the country teen agers texting, talking or otherwise distracted cause accidents yet the DMV keeps giving them licenses. You also realize that all across the country soccer moms in their vans are yelling at the kids, putting on makeup or talking on the phone and rear end or turn left in front of bikes yet the DMV keeps giving them licenses. You probably know too that young guys and middle age guys light cigarettes, fiddle with their stereo or try to open a hamburger package and take out a biker in the process. Include too those spaced out on drugs, drunk, speeding or just a plain poor driver that kill and maim people yet the DMV keeps giving them licenses. Drivers of all ages, sex and ability are involved in accidents every day, and yes, for the most part they are just that, accidents. Remember too that at any given moment you yourself might not see a bike and pull out in front of it or look away for a moment and rear end or run over someone. Most of us will go through life without ever having an accident which is partly due to luck and mostly due to good driving habits but the specter of causing an accident is always with us.

Don't forget that a lot of those seniors that you're bashing are the ones who helped build this country you enjoy and have been called upon to defend it on the field of battle. Keep in mind too that with some luck you will be a senior citizen and will have to listen to the younger crowd dissing you. It may not mean much to you now but believe me it will someday.

We have all chosen to ride a motorcycle which is an inherently dangerous mode of transportation. We have absolutely no protection other than what we choose to wear and what would only be a fender bender in an automobile could be fatal on a bike. We all use risk management to assess whether or not to ride and those of use that do have to realize the consequences and the fact that it could end in an instant. I wish it were not so but it's a fact of life.

Rant over.

Last edited by Foodog; 08-26-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2012 | 08:16 PM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member

Yes, very sad and preventable.

Is there anyone who reads this article that doesn't scratch their head when they get to the end where is says "speed and alchohol didn' t seem to be a factor"? Huh! The old frick is 87 years old. He should'a hung up the keys to the buick a long time ago. Old people behind the wheel of a 6,000 lb. vehicle are a menace to society.

I'm done.

Quick Reply: NH tragedy