General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a 2013 Street Glide - Need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Muld3r
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a 2013 Street Glide - Need help

Like the title says, I'm buying a 2013 Street Glide in the next week or so. I'm new to buying HDs so I have some questions:

- Are these prices negotiable? The first quote I got from my local dealer is exactly the list price (no discount). Do Harleys sell for their sticker price or is there some haggling that can be done?

- Does $899 sound high for the setup charge?

- Is it possible to get some $$$ thrown in for accessories?

Just want to be sure I'm getting a good deal. Thanks in advance for the help.

-M-

Old 08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Sometimes, but good luck with that as new as they are right now. Wait a bit and your chances of getting a deal or a better deal are much better, but some will give them right now. Some dealers throw in some free stuff, or discounts, or some other perk, but some don't. It's a sticky situation. You may get a good a deal at one place, but another dealer might be better if he's throwing in some stuff or giving discounts on parts. There are probably some guys on here that live around your area that can probably steer you to a good dealer. New to HD so you need to know they are money pits, so discounts on parts can be a big deal. You will want a lot of parts. You won't need them, but you will definately want them and discounts help a bunch in getting them.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:26 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Shop around, being that it's the "110th", I'd imagine most dealers will not deal. If you don't mind a 2012, see if you can find one. You'll gt a smoking deal as they want to clear out all the old models

Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 PM
gunnerchevy
Cruiser

It all depends. Have you bought from a certain dealer. Also look at there service maybe you might save a few bucks but there service sucks. Everytime I load the bike up with extras I don't pay for labour just the parts. It all depends how you work the deal. Are you paying straight cash trading in or financing. Like I said onbe dealer might give you a great deal but sucks after that. I work my deals hard but I also spend tens of thousands on making the way I want my ride to be. Hope this helps ya and good luck.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
blackbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what about used?

I would take a real hard look at a used bike if I were you. The 09 and newer have the new frame/abs. Let somebody else take the hit. Plus you get a bike with aftermarket stuff on it already, keep what you like and sell what you don't here. I bought my first one (06 streetbob) new but my current bike 09 street glide I got used with less than 15K on it for 16,500. I'll never buy new again.

If you insist on new, don't be afraid to look at a lot of dealers and jmho but they get easier to deal with as the winter sets in and sales slow. Good luck.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM
louie c
Tourer

899.00 is high for set-up.
Most dealers charge 299.00 or there abouts.
I just bought a 2013 anniversary R.K. and the dealer waived set-up and freight charge.
Hope this helps you.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

You are in Philly and close enough to Scranton. Go to Electric City in Dickson City. You wont be sorry, they will deal. After you get your great deal, I will give you my address so you can mail me a Christmas Card..Tell them Dean sent ya.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which color of black are you going to buy?????

Old 08-23-2012, 07:50 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kanelakos
You are in Philly and close enough to Scranton. Go to Electric City in Dickson City. You wont be sorry, they will deal. After you get your great deal, I will give you my address so you can mail me a Christmas Card..Tell them Dean sent ya.
+1. If you want to go to your local dealer for service, that is up to you, but when it comes time to purchase a bike, shop around. Do it over the phone if you'd like.

"Hi, what color Street Glides do you have? Great, I'm ready to buy but I'm shopping around. What is your best price?" Some will deal, some won't.

I have a great relationship with my dealer, but if they are not in the ball park, I have no problem driving a few hours for the best deal. You can still take it to your local dealer for service and warranty work. In '01 I drove 4 hours to save about 2 grand.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Muld3r
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 3408pete
Which color of black are you going to buy?????
Black.

Quick Reply: Buying a 2013 Street Glide - Need help