General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Villian

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:46 AM
deuce40s
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a LePera and I think it's extremely comfortable. MUCH better than the Corbin I had.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 AM
StuxnetKiller
Cruiser

I have two bikes; one for buzzing around town, the other for distance traveling. My around town bike is all about style, not so much about comfort. While the other one is all comfort. So if you're looking for style, LePera is not a bad choice. If you're looking for comfort, LePera may not be the best choice.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
LePera seats = nice looking, zero comfort. Poser seat for anyone that picks form over function.
Says the guy on the mini road sofa. I have a barebones on my deuce and have no problem getting around on it all day. Of course, some one calling a person a poser because they're modifying their bike the way they want must be jealous and too broke to afford to do much of anything to their stock POS. Just sayin'.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deuce40s
I have a LePera and I think it's extremely comfortable. MUCH better than the Corbin I had.
That bar is pretty low......

Shakey

Old 08-23-2012, 12:09 PM
QSHOG
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Corbin and a LePera and like them both. I guess different asses have different comfort levels.

The thing I like about LePera is they will send you a seat without the cover to try out. There is a charge for this but I think it's better that buying a seat and not liking it.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well I bought a bare bones off eBay and it's just as well it didn't fit because I was surprised how incredibly hard that thing was. I had to double check that it had any padding at all. With the rough roads around here I can't imagine it's good for much more than photo shoots.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 PM
elbohead
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
I have owned several LePera seats; have a slim cobra for my Fatboy now. IMHO they are the best looking, but most uncomfortable seats made.
Yup. What Dickey said. Though after a few weeks my Silhouette solo was much more comfortable than when I first put it on.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:59 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had 2 LePera 2-up Silhouette Delux seats. The one with the leather rider & passenger area is sooo much more comfortable than the viny, different as night & day. Of course it cost more, but well worth it IMO. I will never get another vinyl seat.

Last edited by streeteagle; 08-23-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
Well I bought a bare bones off eBay and it's just as well it didn't fit because I was surprised how incredibly hard that thing was. I had to double check that it had any padding at all. With the rough roads around here I can't imagine it's good for much more than photo shoots.
They really do break in. The Bare Bones was like a rock when I first put it on the bike, but after a few good riding sessions, it started getting a lot more comfortable. Like I said in another post on here, I can go all day on it as long as I'm stopping occasionally for breaks.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 PM
nolabel
Cruiser

I have a Silhouette. It is years old and well broken in. It is comfortable enough. No issues on short trips or day long trips, and no issues on 4-5 day away trips of hard riding either. I'm sure the rubber mounts on the bike help, along with the 3.5 gallon tank that encourages me to stop frequently enough to save my behind.

Overall, looks great, comfortable enough, though I can see why sofa riders would not be impressed. To each their own.

Quick Reply: LePera Villian