General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice my daughter wants to ride on my bike for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012 | 05:00 PM
deadrider
|
Road Captain
Default Nice my daughter wants to ride on my bike for the first time

For the first time this summer my daughter wants to go for a ride...took her around the block Now she is bagging to go again....so here we go

Old 08-15-2012 | 05:04 PM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor

Sweet! That's awesome. I remember when my oldest first got brave enough to ride with me. At 18 now, she still likes to go for a ride with me often. I love it. My youngest (13) has no desire to.

www.longrideshields.com

Old 08-15-2012 | 08:31 PM
tinmarine
Road Master

Three of my daughters have been on my bike. 10 YO said she wants one of her own (oh joy) and the other two(9,7) loved it as well, though not as much as the older one. 7 and 10 YO are both sawed off and the little one can't reach the pegs. She went down the street(residential, not main) with me once hanging on like a monkey. She's bummed because I won't let her back on the bike til her feet reach and I want the other 2 to get a little taller as well. I saw a guy and his OL on a goldwing last month and his wife was short so he modified the footrests by screwing 4 inches of wood to them so her feet could touch. Guess I can do something like that for them. Maybe not.

Old 08-15-2012 | 08:41 PM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member

Road rash sucks....get her some protective gear and then a Sportster for the holidays!

Old 08-16-2012 | 12:09 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member

i took my 4yo twins around the yard once on the tank.. ever since, every time i fire the bike up they come running and beg for a ride..when they get a little older, i am going to have to keep the bikes locked in the back garage away from the kids.

Old 08-16-2012 | 05:00 AM
Very High Plain Drifter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tinmarine
...I saw a guy and his OL on a goldwing last month and his wife was short so he modified the footrests by screwing 4 inches of wood to them so her feet could touch. Guess I can do something like that for them. Maybe not.
Definitely not. "You must be at least THIS tall to go on this ride."

Old 08-16-2012 | 07:31 AM

My 11 year old loves the rides to school and is eager to go on any errand I have to run with my bike. I have to drop him off and pick him up without shutting off the engine infront of the school and boy-oh-boy does he strut his stuff going into school carrying his helmet while all the other kids are watching.
Here in BC they passed a law a couple months back that if you can't reach the footboards/pegs you can't ride on the bike, so there are a lot of little tikes who won't be able to ride untill they grow up some.

Old 08-16-2012 | 07:46 AM
rpbrown
Road Warrior

I have posted a few times about my grand kids riding with me. My kids (5) all liked to ride when they were growing up. Just had to take turns due to so many. The memories that it brings back I wouldn't trade for the world.

Now, all but 1 of my kids has their own bike as do their other halves. The one that doesn't have her own rides with her husband (they are the only ones without kids of their own). Now the grandkids all want to ride as well.

What was great was a month ago, my Dad, me and my wife, and all of the kids and grand kids all met in San Antonio for the weekend. We all went for a ride to and including the 3 sisters. 4 generations out riding, what a memory.

Cherish these times as they grow up fast. Spend every moment you can with them now so you will have these memories.

Old 08-16-2012 | 08:06 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master

My son (age 9) and I went for a short ride almost every day this summer. We have a state park right down the road from us and it's only 25mph speed limit there. We'll go for a ride around the park and I usually stop at a little playground there to let him have some fun. He tells every kid he sees that we rode in on the bike.

Old 08-16-2012 | 08:16 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

My 12 yo asked when she was going to be able to ride mine by herself. I told her as soon as she could afford to buy it! She loves riding though and like someone else said, picking them up at school makes them think they're hot stuff.

Quick Reply: Nice my daughter wants to ride on my bike for the first time