General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a bike try to wreck me and want to know what I should have done.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's really a crazy tale. I know a lot of stuff happens out there and there's never a good solution to most. I don't think I would have played the game you did though. Maybe entice him to pull over some how...seeing he followed you off the highway...and now it would be your call on what you wanted to do. I hate to call 911 for something like that, you know he will say it never happened.
Also, 28 years old is not a kid.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 AM
oldhdrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dorf13
Don't react with anger. Think of your family and not being there for them. Let nuts kill themselves.
There it is! And just steer clear of frikk'n crazies.

ride safe

Old 08-15-2012, 01:36 PM
LDB415
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a lot of bravado talk scattered among the replies which is to be expected on forums. Most would never think about doing in real life what they post here. The few who would are in for a surprise eventually.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
PhattyBob12
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just back off on a nut-case like that. What if he had buddies you didnt see?

Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Dez Perado
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
The fact that he gunned it..then slowed down, then gunned it, then slowed down, then gunned it, then slowed down...it wasn't due to his shirt. He was challenging you right then and there...he already targeted you.

Your choice of dealing with him, or not..should have been made soon as you saw that challenge.
^^^
This

Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
I would not fault anything you did. However, I would hopefully not get into a punching, kicking, or any kind of physical contact with body or bike at speed on a motorcycle. Loss of bike control comes quickly and easily.

I think the post by Crazy sums it up best. Mentally unbalanced people can not be dealt with successfully unless you are a psychiatrist or comfortable with killing someone. And even then success is not guaranteed.
I agree with both posts. Also, just shake it off. You sound like a level headed person and only you can truly assess if you did the right thing under the situation. If you have doubts, then learn from it and determine how you will react if it happens again.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:10 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Butt Springer
Well being i just saw the Borne Legacy i would have pulled up next to him and unloaded a few rounds his way... But that's just me.... You know if you post crybaby stuff like this every time some a$$-clown try's to kill you out there you will get to 1000 post count in a very short time...
Don't be rude dude...

Old 08-15-2012, 08:18 PM
last12know
Road Master

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
"...Since at 25 I bought a House, a new bike off the showroom floor with two to kids that are well fed and in good health."

You're fortunate, most dealers only include a modest discount for parts, accessories and clothing with your purchase.

Previous posters have said it best, chalk it up and move on.
yep.. got a lot for that purchase... got a good chuckle.. thanks

Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

you could of reached over and stood on his brake pedal..fliped the off switch,grabbed the brake lever,you had 3-400lbs on his bike, could of easily kicked him into the next lane. or just let the idiot go, sounds like a kid on his first, or borrowed/stolen bike. i would of ran him off the road, but i never claimed to be nice.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Well he did try to kill you twice. At a minimum I'd a memorized mr knuckleheads plate number, see if one of my buds would run it for me. 90 days later who knows.

Last edited by Gliden; 08-17-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: fing spelling

Quick Reply: Had a bike try to wreck me and want to know what I should have done.