General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today's Wave Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Today's Wave Thread

I live in a small town where everybody knows everybody else by the car they drive! There's 1 guy I know (actually never met him, but know who he is) who doesn't speak when I see him on the street, doesn't say hello in the grocery store, doesn't wave when he drives by in the car, but he waves when he passes me on his bike. What's up with that? There are a couple of other people who I've seen in the grocery store, and they didn't wave or speak, but they wave on their bikes. Who/what are you wavers waving at? The rider? The person? The bike? Is that where this so-called "brotherhood" is --- just because somebody's riding a bike? I call BS hypocrisy. Discuss!

Last edited by Geezr Glidr; 08-11-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:14 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Next time you pass these ones, flip them off instead and see what sort of reaction it gets.......hey, maybe I will try that this morning with complete strangers. LOL

Old 08-11-2012, 09:24 AM
bglider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Next time you pass these ones, flip them off instead and see what sort of reaction it gets.......hey, maybe I will try that this morning with complete strangers. LOL
Lmao! Thats funny ****!

Old 08-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Sauceman
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
Is that where this so-called "brotherhood" is --- just because somebody's riding a bike? I call BS hypocrisy. Discuss!
Yep, that's the answer right there. It's almost like being bi-polar for some people.

cheers

Old 08-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by p51bombay
Bwaaaaaahahahaha! Good one! Bet if I gave them the finger, I'd be able to get them to speak to me!

Old 08-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Mickey D
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There could be a few reasons.
Are you earing a helmet and glasses?
He doesn't recognize you off the bike.
He's waving at the motorcyclist
He's waving because of the Harley connection

If I'm waving to another biker, it's usually the cyclist connection. Usually hard for me to recognize the rider.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

So if I'm one of the nicest people you'd ever meet, would give you the shirt off my back, would pull over to help a stranded motorist, a non child molesting, law-abiding citizen, but didn't wave when I passed you on the bike, it wouldn't matter to you, and you wouldn't think anything of it? People get all bent out of shape because some of us don't wave. Just not feeling the "brotherhood" here. (Not "you" in particular. It's a collective "you.")

Last edited by Geezr Glidr; 08-11-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Mickey D
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
I live in a small town where everybody knows everybody else by the car they drive! There's 1 guy I know (actually never met him, but know who he is) who doesn't speak when I see him on the street, doesn't say hello in the grocery store, doesn't wave when he drives by in the car, but he waves when he passes me on his bike. What's up with that? There are a couple of other people who I've seen in the grocery store, and they didn't wave or speak, but they wave on their bikes. Who/what are you wavers waving at? The rider? The person? The bike? Is that where this so-called "brotherhood" is --- just because somebody's riding a bike? I call BS hypocrisy. Discuss!

Can we see a picture of you dressed to ride and one dressed for grocery shopping?

Old 08-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mickey D
Can we see a picture of you dressed to ride and one dressed for grocery shopping?
I happened to stop at the grocery store on the way home from a ride one day earlier this spring or summer. (I don't keep my bike at my house, so I was in the car.) In the store with a Harley shirt on. Walked past this guy & he never spoke, even with my Harley bar & shield as plain as the nose on my face. If he saw the shirt and didn't speak, shouldn't that be grounds for dismissal from the brotherhood?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

I flash my ****.

Quick Reply: Today's Wave Thread