General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Fox Creek Gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:06 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Fox Creek Gloves?

Specifically these:

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/30.html

I am trying to find a good pair of gloves for my ride down to Daytona... I am tired of my fingers feeling like they want to freeze off during rides.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:08 PM
DanTMan
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have Fox Creek Gloves?

I have the same deerskin gloves, but with the larger cuffs to keep the wind from going up my sleeves. They fit well and are extremely well made. I would recommend the Fox Creek Leather company. I've also read some great reviews on their jackets.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:16 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DanTMan

I have the same deerskin gloves, but with the larger cuffs to keep the wind from going up my sleeves. They fit well and are extremely well made. I would recommend the Fox Creek Leather company. I've also read some great reviews on their jackets.
How about warmth?

Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Astro
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I have several products from Fox Creek including chaps, jacket, vest, the gloves are not my favorites. I have both the lined and unlined deerskin gloves and I don't really care for either one. I bought these because I have a pair of deerskin gloves but they don't have the cuff length I wanted. I was pleased with Fox Creek so I bought these. I guess disappointed would be my 2 cents.

Don

Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

The gloves you are looking at are not well insulated. I ride with those in summer only! I use their gauntlets in the fall, and have a pair of the HD gortex gloves for the winter.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Luck Dragon
Intermediate

I have these gloves. Don't make it for cold weather. I just got a pair of HD electric gloves. Now I can ride in cold weather. Wish I would have done this in the first place. These are great.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
kruppasing
5th Gear

i have the lined deerskin gauntlets and can ride with them down to about 40º or so. below that they start to let the cold in. i like them a lot because they're not bulky at all but do manage to keep my hands pretty warm. i've tried the heavily insulated gloves and i find them too bulky and get in the way of clutching and braking. probably fine once on the highway though.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: went_postal

Specifically these:

http://www.foxcreekleather.com/30.html

I am trying to find a good pair of gloves for my ride down to Daytona... I am tired of my fingers feeling like they want to freeze off during rides.
I have a pair of the Fox Creek deerskin gaunlets as well and agree that they are good down to about 40 degrees or so, and are the same thing that you are looking at only in a gaunlet style. However I went to Gander Mountain, I'm sure Cabelas would have the same thing, and bought a pair of Thermalux glove inserts. They are about the thickness of spandex and fit right under my gloves and then I can hit temps much lower than 40 and be comfortable. But I'm really happy with the Fox Creek stuff I have a pair of their chaps as well and they are almost twice as thick as the HD ones and very soft leather.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

For COLD WEATHER rides I've been very impressed by these...

TourMaster "Polar-Tex"

They're textile/gauntlet style gloves withthinsulate lining, windproof, waterproof and comfy down into the low 30's easily.

They're around $50 and I highly recommend them. The fingers/palm area are soft leather, but the back of the glove and the gauntlet are textile.

Old 01-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/quote]
I have a pair of the Fox Creek deerskin gaunlets as well and agree that they are good down to about 40 degrees or so, and are the same thing that you are looking at only in a gaunlet style. However I went to Gander Mountain, I'm sure Cabelas would have the same thing, and bought a pair of Thermalux glove inserts. They are about the thickness of spandex and fit right under my gloves and then I can hit temps much lower than 40 and be comfortable. But I'm really happy with the Fox Creek stuff I have a pair of their chaps as well and they are almost twice as thick as the HD ones and very soft leather.
[/quote]

I use the Under Armour Cold Weather Glove liners along with my deerskin gauntlets for when it really gets cold. The extra protection from the liner glove really makes a difference

Quick Reply: Anyone have Fox Creek Gloves?