General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Fox Creek Gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 04:18 PM
2wheeldreamer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have Fox Creek Gloves?

I have the lined deerskin gauntlets also and agree that down to about mid 40's or below I tend to get cold hands. I like the FoxCreek leather wear but I could use some warmer gloves.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:54 PM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the deerskin riding gloves and love them

Old 01-22-2007, 03:01 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I actually forked over the cash for the DeerSport PCi by Lee Parks over at Fox Creek. Pricey... but I do enjoy having my fingers attached to my hands.

I have a pair of the thinsulate glove inserts... I will go check out Dick's Sporting Goods tonight and see if they have something better over there. Someone recently posted something about silk liners... they looked nice.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the DeerSport PCI gloves and the Deerskin riding gloves. I bought a pair of silk glove liners hoping they would keep my hands warmer, but it didn't help me. I have a pair of HD thinsulate lined gloves that are very warm and wear them down to around 40*. When it gets below 40 I go with the heated gloves. I guess I have a whole range of gloves to match the temp ranges.

ORIGINAL: went_postal

I actually forked over the cash for the DeerSport PCi by Lee Parks over at Fox Creek. Pricey... but I do enjoy having my fingers attached to my hands.

I have a pair of the thinsulate glove inserts... I will go check out Dick's Sporting Goods tonight and see if they have something better over there. Someone recently posted something about silk liners... they looked nice.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:25 PM
carltex
Road Warrior

Not overly impressed with the fit, will be looking for the liners like some others mentioned.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:34 PM
COKEMAN
Novice

For those of you that have the FC lined gauntlets, are they bulky? They advertise as having 100gram Thinsulate in them. I have been told that the 100g stuff makes gloves too bulky to use. I know I want deerskin, but I am trying to decide between the Fox Creek and some others around the web that only have 40g Thinsulate in them.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: COKEMAN

For those of you that have the FC lined gauntlets, are they bulky? They advertise as having 100gram Thinsulate in them. I have been told that the 100g stuff makes gloves too bulky to use. I know I want deerskin, but I am trying to decide between the Fox Creek and some others around the web that only have 40g Thinsulate in them.
They are not bulky at all. I was surprised at how thing they actually were compared to a bunch of other gloves that I have tried on. They are not real bad even with the Thermalux liners that I purchased at Gander Mtn either, and are much warmer when I wear that combo.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:56 PM
COKEMAN
Novice

One more question on the FC gloves. Does anyone have a pic with them on? The pics on the FC site make them look like they go about to your shoulder.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:28 AM
COKEMAN
Novice

Let me bump this up with a little news and a question or two.

First, I went ahead and ordered the FC Lined gauntlets. They are a quality glove and to answer my last question above, the gauntlet goes about 3/4 up your forearm.

Customer service was great. I ordered the large size based on their size chart but I have some fit concerns so they immediately sent me out a pair of mediums to try and decide between the two. No hassle, great response. They deserve a look for that alone.

I still may send both pairs back though. The large fits across my hand ok, but the fingers are pretty long. Index, middle and ring fingers have a little less than 1/4 inch extra on the tip (not too bad) but the thumb and pinky have well over 1/2 inch of excess if not more. The mediums are a little tight across my hand, but they would possibly stretch to fit. However, on this size, the middle three fingers are very short, but the thumb and pinky still have that 1/2 inch of excess.

So, I'm kind of torn as to what I am going to do. I always expect deerskin gloves to fit very well and allow me to maintain a lot of dexterity. These don't really allow that, but they are the first pair of lined deerskins I have ever bought. They do not restrict handling the bike or operating the controls and switches, that's easy enough, just that extra flap of leather on the ends of the fingers feels strange to me. Should I just expect lined gloves to act like lined gloves and be done with it? I have looked around at other gloves like these, even the Lee Parks, and they all seem to have that same type of construction with the thumb and pinky being excessively long.

I did find a pair made by WildRider and sold under different names. They have a removable gauntlet and the fingers are "boxed" so they should be more form fitting. However, they only have 40gram Thinsulate and I can not get any one to give me a size chart on them. You can find them for just a few dollars less than the FC gloves.

Am I just being too picky? Do you other guys with the FC gloves notice the same issues?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 AM
onthedish1
Tourer

Right there with everyone else, I too have the Fox Creek deerskin gauntlets as well asa FoxCreekjacket and chaps. I also utilize the thin insulategloveunderneath to add to the insulation. I'd recommend them to everyone.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Fox Creek Gloves?