General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fear of Rain?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Totally Bored
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRooster
And I have actually had a cager try to tell me on the BW Parkway when it started raining "Haha, bet that sucks!"

"Not really. **** happens, and it's better than being stuck in a cage like a *****."
Originally Posted by metfancowboy
I would have loved to see the reaction on his face.
When he asked the question he was snickering.

When I replied, the snickering changed more to a straight face, then , then he rolled the window up and continued on.

Maybe he rolled up the windows cause he just didn't know what to say to the crazy biker Dude that likes to ride in the rain.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM
louie c
Tourer

She's a good girl that eveHD.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Funny I never actually see any of these hard core bikers when it's actually raining and I'm driving my car 30 miles to work.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:31 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Totally Bored
Maybe he rolled up the windows cause he just didn't know what to say to the crazy biker Dude that likes to ride in the rain. .
That is quite possible.

I have an old dude roll up beside me in a downpour when I just came off the BW Parkway one day. Rolled down the window on his duallie and said "I thought I was the only dumb *** that did that!"

I lol'd. We talked for a good 20 or 30 minutes during the traffic jam and he offered to let me sit in his truck and park the bike while we waited for traffic to move. Since I used to swim, though, I like being in the water and in rain. It just feels natural to me.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 AM
louie c
Tourer

Originally Posted by louie c
She's a good girl that eveHD.
That's because when u get hard core you get smart.
Experience rules......

Old 08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benway
Funny I never actually see any of these hard core bikers when it's actually raining and I'm driving my car 30 miles to work.
Come out to DC land. Hop on the BW Parkway south at about 5:30 in the morning.

When some dumb *** comes rolling by on a blue Softail Standard with mini apes, that's probably me.

Won't be a hardcore biker, but at least you'll get to see a dumb ***.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:43 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior
Received 116 Likes on 78 Posts

If we road the same highway every day you probably wouldn't see me, rain or shine. Does that mean I don't ride? Or is this just your way of soothing your inferiority feeling because you don't or can't ride in the rain?

Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Totally Bored
Road Captain

I see them sometimes. I suspect it's a very small percentage of Bikers maybe 5-10% maybe ?

There are some guys/gals that prefer there bike over a car in the rain. There's is also guy/gals that there bike is the only mode of transportation they have. I suspect most bikers would prefer a car over a bike in the rain when given the choice ? Not much you can do when you ride to work and it rains. Also, alot of bikers I know don't own Rain Suits or have saddlebags so....

The thing is, with a thread title like "Fear of Rain" your gonna attract the RAIN RIDERS. I tend to think that a thread like this gives the impression that everybody rides in the rain

Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it

Last edited by Totally Bored; 08-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:11 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

When he asked the question he was snickering.

When I replied, the snickering changed more to a straight face, then , then he rolled the window up and continued on.

About two miles down the road I got pissed about the lack of skill for driving in rain around here, hit about 40 on the off ramp to MD 198 and threw up the horns with both hands.

I was glad to get out of work that day and in a pissed off mood. I figured getting soaked on the way home was nature's way of washing off the federal government stupidity I had to tolerate.

I knew I liked her for some reason. lol
Roo - When they laugh and snicker I turn to them, smile and blow them a kiss as sexy as I can muster up in the rain, and yes even the women. Nothing sucks more when you see someone enjoying themselves when you think they shouldn't be

Originally Posted by louie c
Watch out ..........
EveHD rides in the rain.
Louie - I might as well sell the bike if I didn't

Old 08-10-2012, 11:16 AM
louie c
Tourer

Eve, ride the wave.

Quick Reply: Fear of Rain?