General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Shark redesign?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012 | 07:57 PM
Snydcat
Tourer

Originally Posted by dickey
El-Wrongo!

The best looking bagger is unquestionably the RoadKing--no ugly rattling piece of plastic hanging on the front end or frame to take away from the purity & essence that is motorcycling.
I agree 100%

Old 08-06-2012 | 08:19 PM
Stash905
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HarleyScuba
They just did a re-design on the Shark Nose a few years ago.
Harley is great about keeping secrets. That salesman doesn't know anything everybody else doesn't already know. He's full of it. Nobody knows about the new models (except colors) until the dealer meeting which, I believe, is a couple weeks away.
They did not redesign it, the just changed the angle it is mounted.

Old 08-06-2012 | 08:50 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jesla
Road Glide owners, as a group, put more miles annually on their bikes than any other Harley model.
Really? Where exactly did you extract that information from?

Never mind...I just read about your scientific study...

The best thing about fuglys is that they're not a batwing. They're unique. But I hardly think seeing a few high mileage RG's on the showroom floor indicate anything. I mean, what's the ratio of batwings to fuglys? Gotta be around 10 to 1 or something like that.

Last edited by rdam; 08-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2012 | 10:10 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
....a redesigned fairing? This is the first I have heard about this. Anybody?
........ a year or so ago there was a thread wherein it's OP said that a machinist buddy of his was working on some prototype MoCo plans for some parts for a modified sharknose. That's the only thing i've heard.
...... Wouldn't mind them doing something to include an adjustable windshield though. Gotta keep pace w/them Vision's ya know.

Old 08-06-2012 | 10:35 PM
Fishrrman
Road Warrior

I also heard about fairing changes coming on the Road Glide, but that it was going to be the -interior- of the fairing that got the makeover.

We'll see.

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:17 AM
Jesla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rdam
Really? Where exactly did you extract that information from?

Never mind...I just read about your scientific study....
Apparently you don't read too well.....

.....wasn't my study, go back and re-read the thread and this time pay attention.....

Old 08-07-2012 | 08:54 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

They are great bikes but they are a niche bike. I would bet that they are not in the top four bikes in terms of sales. Reason you don't see them on dealers floors used is that no dealer wants to trade for one and have it sit for years unsold.

Old 08-07-2012 | 10:31 AM
flstsci
Intermediate
Default hehe

The road king is more of a "baguette". You want purity go to a springer classic. I just bought a 2000 fltrsei and repainted it satin black. Love the new bike but I'm keeping the classic....I built it for high speed hiway miles and it will cruise hours in the triple digits....the shark on the other hand......lifts the front wheel on a rollon in first or second and screams to about 90.....my bikes got it backwards i guess.

Old 08-07-2012 | 11:19 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain

They should get rid of that damn stereo. When you can get your music and communications "intravenously" from your smartphone via Bluetooth these days, why load down the fairing with a head unit, integrated amp and speakers. It just adds weight, complexity and cost.

Old 08-07-2012 | 11:41 AM
Jesla
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nirvana
They should get rid of that damn stereo. When you can get your music and communications "intravenously" from your smartphone via Bluetooth these days, why load down the fairing with a head unit, integrated amp and speakers. It just adds weight, complexity and cost.
Amen to that, brother........

Quick Reply: Road Glide Shark redesign?