General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New horn...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default New horn...

I moved the stock horn to the front downtubes and water got up in it and ruined it.. well i was walking through autozone and came across a wolo bad boy horn... advertised as twice as loud as a stock horn.. compressor and horns all made into one assy. i figured what the hell, its only 34 bucks.. so i grab it, finish my errands and run home wondering how loud this thing actually is.. well i used some jumper wires to test it out and that sum bich is LOUD !!!! ok now where to mount it.. it wasn't going back the original location because i moved the coil there, plus it would look ugly as sin hanging of the side of the motor.. i remembered someone saying they mounted their horn under the battery in frt of the rear inner shield.. sure enough, just enough room to mount it.. the horn has a built in mounting ear that fit perfectly with the right side oil tank bolt.. just removed the bolt and speed nut, installed a longer bolt with a washer to sit against the rubber grommet.. the ear of the horn mount will go between the bolt head and washer.. make sure the bolt isn't too long so it doesn't hit the battery.. but a lock washer and nut on the bolt and tighten it up.. the cavity/hanger part of the horn holds the head of the bolt so it can't spin while you tighten it up..no fuss, no muss.

i works great using the factory wires.. i was testing it in the garage and the mrs comes out asking, what the hell is that ? i said what this BLAAAAAAAAA!!!! rofl..
she said she thought it was chuck, a friend of ours with a big *** truck, but she didn't see him anywhere.. she said you're gonna give someone a heart attack..
lol.. well better them then me is all i can say..

sorry no pics, but heres a youtube clip of the horn..

Last edited by FroggyFatBoy; 07-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I got a similar product, but there was a bit of a price difference. This kit from Howards Horns is about $100 more, but it comes with everything to mount it as shown.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...t-lo-blow.html

Attached Thumbnails New horn...-img_2283.jpg  

Last edited by Detroit Iron; 07-30-2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 07-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the WoLo Bad boy mounted under a MetalArts flame cover.
The cover had cutouts between the flames, so I used adhesive to attach a thin sheet of stainless on the underside to block water from reaching the horn.
It would have looked like this mounted in the normal horn location.

Mounted in front above my tool bag.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have to run to the auto store today!!!

Can you get any pictures of your setup?