General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 new xr1200x

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Danohio
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 new xr1200x

I am looking to buy my first Harley and found a bike I like the xr1200x. I like to know how much should I be able to negotiate it down to. The dealer is notwilling to get ride of freight, and setup, what price would you pay for the bike. The 2013 will be out soon. Thanks

Old 07-29-2012, 08:56 AM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be an 2013 XR1200.. it's a fantastic bike.. I have one.. but it's also a "niche" bike that didn't sell as well as the MoCo hoped.. If you really want an XR.. I think if I were you.. I'd start calling around.. check other dealers, I'm going to bet if your guy isn't willing to deal with you for the XR, with a little bit of work you'll find someone who will..

Cheers
mavrick

Old 07-29-2012, 10:47 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

you should be able to find someone willing to deal on a xr. like said above, they didn't sell well. I'll have one someday though...awesome sportster and a worthy re-incarnation of the xlcr cafe racer

Old 07-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,869 Likes on 977 Posts

Originally Posted by Danohio
I am looking to buy my first Harley and found a bike I like the xr1200x. I like to know how much should I be able to negotiate it down to. The dealer is notwilling to get ride of freight, and setup, what price would you pay for the bike. The 2013 will be out soon. Thanks
First off, I'm a huge XR1200X fan. First stock Harley in a while that actually has a decent suspension, and is set up to handle.

Now, to the price. Don't let the dealership bullshit you. It's a 2011 year model. If it's so popular...why hasn't it sold yet? The dealership should be taking thousands off the MSRP, and eating the freight/setup charges to move this bike that's 2 model years old.

The only things you can't negotiate here are the sales tax and DMV charges...everything else is negotiable. I'd start out offering $2500 under MSRP, and tell them you're not paying freight or any bullshit setup fees. Hand the guy your business card, and walk away. You'll be getting a call soon.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
logdon17
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds to me like this dealer isnt moving on the price, why else would they still have the bike sitting on the floor?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,869 Likes on 977 Posts

Originally Posted by logdon17
sounds to me like this dealer isnt moving on the price, why else would they still have the bike sitting on the floor?
Because the XR hasn't been a popular seller.

The dealer needs a little motivational boot in his *** if he still has new 2011 stock on the showroom floor. The 2013 models are almost here...I would think that he would want to make room for the new models.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealer may want to just keep it on the floor as a look at me model. You may need to try other dealers.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:04 PM
logdon17
Tourer

Originally Posted by Then Came Bronson
Because the XR hasn't been a popular seller.

The dealer needs a little motivational boot in his *** if he still has new 2011 stock on the showroom floor. The 2013 models are almost here...I would think that he would want to make room for the new models.
the bike isnt popular but if the price was much lower it would be sold. for some reason, the dealer seems to think they can still get MSRP. good luck negotiating to the OP

Old 07-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Bez
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 09 XR1200 as my second Harley last year...

Although I really wanted an X model, the only one that I could get was a few states over and I would have had to pay $500 to transfer it. I ended up taking a 09 with 4000 miles on it for 7k. ( They were asking 10k )

Of course, the X model is more desirable because of the upgraded suspension and blacked out body....but the best I've seen them on Ebay and around the XR forum is 8k.

Just know that many people will not understand your bike. That's ok, though....it's a good one.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior

You're too hungry for the Bike and the Sales Manager can smell a nice profit oozing out of you... How many times did you go in looking at the Bike? If you go back again they got you and you will pay even more BS charge's...

Best bet find another one then practice your best poker face on and go there and hit them with your best price and stick to it...

Last edited by Iron Butt Springer; 07-30-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 new xr1200x