General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Propipe info needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 AM
yandeltx
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H Propipe info needed

I think I am going to purchase a V&H Propipe for my 2012 Deluxe. All of the adds say "optional quiet baffle." Has anyone bought this exhause system, what baffle comes with the pipe? Are there different baffles available? I am having trouble finding any information. If I don't get the info here I will phone V&H tomorrow. thanks,

Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 AM
mcw999
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I got the Quiet Baffle after I bought the Pro Pipe. Baffle that is standard is about 8 inches long, with fiberglass and metal thread material wrapped around it. Quiet baffle is a tube that extends the length of the muffler and mates to the header pipe output. Has some holes, some wrappings at the back end. Pictures on the V&H website, also Dennis Kirk. Standard baffle was a bit loud for my preference, Quiet Baffle is better for me although I am still doing some mods. Drilled a few holes in the end cap to get more flow, worked on the fiberglass wrapping to improve the tone. I like the pipe, overall.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:38 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

I just purchased that pipe. They come with the standard baffles. I believe they have quiet and race baffles available. The pipe has a good sound as it comes. IMO, it's too quiet though, but I used to to have Short Shots so all pipes are quiet compared to those.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:42 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It comes with standard baffles. Pretty quiet at idle but will produce a deep rumble when you get on it. Great pipe for performance and sound. I got mine at directharleyparts.com for 479 delivered

The quiet baffle will produce a bit less performance and the HO baffle is for big engine builds.

You will love the propipe

Last edited by rooti; 07-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Pro pipe Hi output on my 06 dyna with the SE 120R installed. It came with the "standard" baffle and I wouldn't call it quiet by any means. In fact a friend of mine commented that he was in the back room of his shop running a grinder and could still hear my bike when I started it.

Nice rumble and definately barks when on the throttle. I much prefer the tone of the pro pipe to the D&D Boss fatcat on my other bike.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:47 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector 12
I have the Pro pipe Hi output on my 06 dyna with the SE 120R installed. It came with the "standard" baffle and I wouldn't call it quiet by any means. In fact a friend of mine commented that he was in the back room of his shop running a grinder and could still hear my bike when I started it.

Nice rumble and definately barks when on the throttle. I much prefer the tone of the pro pipe to the D&D Boss fatcat on my other bike.
The HO pipe is louder than the regular Pro Pipe. I had the HO pipe on my bike for 300 miles (long story) before getting the regular pipe.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 PM
ia2189
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I got my Pro Pipe I was coming from Short Shots so I was on the fence about whether to get the quiet baffle or not. Fortunately, V&H wasn't shipping the quiet baffle and I just fell in love with the regular sound. Short Shots were too "in your face" of a sound for me. Pro Pipe is much more mellow and you have the option to open it up (although not like opening up the Short Shots).

Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a Pro Pipe on my 2010 Street Glide. It sounded wicked. On long trips it got kinda loud, so I wore ear plugs. Buy ear plugs, not the quiet baffle. The baffle will ruin the "wicked" sound - you know, the reason you bought the Pro Pipe in the first place:+)

My $0.02.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have one on a 106 with the stock baffle. It's got a deep,deeeeep window shaking rumble to it. I love it

Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

it will set off car alarms, but won't make your ears ring since the exhaust dumps out past the axle. It's kinda quiet when cruising on the freeway in 6th gear

Quick Reply: V&H Propipe info needed