General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saggy Bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007 | 10:21 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Saggy Bags

ORIGINAL: captmike

ORIGINAL: bassrock

Was thinking about ordering the got saggy bag system and was wondering if anyone else has used this and if this is the best thing to redo my heritages saddle bags. Thanks for the input.
I purchased this kit.

I tried2 attemps to install it. Even called and spoke to the owen of the company. Still not easy and was unable to install.

I found a disributor about 100 miles from me who turned me on to a guy that does install them. This installer told me that they are a bitch to install. He installed them for me and the end result is great.

Great product...hard to install.
I installed th wife's in about an hour with no problems. The thing that takes the longest is letting the glue on the top insert dry for the required 24 hours with 50# of weight on it.

Bill

Old 06-04-2007 | 04:55 AM
waterdog
Tourer

ORIGINAL: IzzoQuazzo

I went with Boss Bags. Took them there yesterday afternoon and they had them done in 20 minutes. I had them replace the straps too at the same time. A little more expensive than the other systems but the stiffeners are all riveted in place and they install a locking system with two keyed alike Master locks. To me that's the best feature of their service. Now my Heritage bags are secure.
Hey IzzoQuazzo,

I just read this post today and I'm wondering how you still like your Boos Bags stiffener kit after 6 months useage? Still happy with them?

Do you find that you really use the locks much? Or are they a pain in the @ss to use?

Thanks for any reply.

Old 06-04-2007 | 07:20 AM
Stache
Cruiser

I installed the saggy bags kit. It did take a bit of coaxing to get the front and rear panels to sit in-between the leather seams inside the bag but a small flashlight so I could see better and a short, stubby screwdriver to do some gentel prying was a help. Also the edge trim required a bit of prying apart to get it started and light weight rubber mallet to drive it on made the job quiet easy.

Takeing the bags off, haveing the weight, glue etc. handy along with an old putty knife to help spread the glue quickly was helpful and just took a bit of prepration so that once you get started, you can finish up quickly before the glue starts to set.

All total I don't think it took me more than a couple of hours from start to finish and the bags look great.