General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Harely reps

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 PM
SIREx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Harely reps

Long story I am having bad time with a dealer, Bought a new 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom,

First I recieved a Harley Davidson credit card in the mail with a large annual fee, I told the sales guy i did not want it when I was buying my bike. He handed me an application and I took it home, Now I had to file fraud with credit company. The dealer took three days to finally tell me they cant find the paperwork that I allegedly signed. Then they told me they are required to shread them every one every month

So now I am labeled and did not want to go there for service.

But my cylindar heads started leaking. I was told it was just assemble greeas at first. After reading the forum I found it to be not true,

Went to the service manager and said he was sorry for all the trouble but he would take care of me, he said we needed to chaing the orings under the heads. He asked if I wanted my 1000 mile done at the same time. I told him I had an indy that was going to do it and I already had my oil. Mangaer said he would do it at 0 charge with my oil, I did buy a new filter from him and asked him to use my oild Mobil 1 Vtwin as reccoemnded on this forum. Here is comes the kicker

this statement was typed on my reciept in all caps:

'REPLACE BASE ORINGS AS INSTRUCTED. VERY SLIGHT WEEPING WAS PRESENT. CUSTOMER'S USE OF MOBIL 1 WILL LIKELY CAUSE AS MUCH OR POSSIBLY MORE WEEPING THAN WAS PREVIOUSLY NOTED'

On top of this the whole front end was covered in oil. Looks like they just pulled the filter and let it run.

The bottom of the transmission is covered in oil and so it the primary side.

Lithium grease and oily finger prints all over

What are your opinions. I want to take the bike back and buy somewhere else. I have only had it less than 30 days.

What do you guys think?

Looking for Harely reps-imag0177.jpg

Looking for Harely reps-imag0179.jpg

Looking for Harely reps-imag0182.jpg

Looking for Harely reps-imag0175.jpg

Old 07-24-2012, 11:30 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wash it off and move on.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 PM
ryan06
Tourer

Received 136 Likes on 70 Posts

Does it still leak oil?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can return it then maybe you should. It will teach that dealer not take customers for granted. There are good dealers out there you just need to find one.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:36 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,214 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Find a good dealer in your area. Next time you need warranty work done, take it to that (good) dealer. It does not matter where you bought it, any dealer will do your warranty work.

No need to ever go back to the one you are unhappy with.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Bagger71
Tourer

Other than warranty work that is exactly why many do their own maintenance. Lack of pride in their mechanics work all to often. Buy a manual and do the oil changes yourself.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:58 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

Gosh what a tragic situation! Try washing it. That just may do the trick. The nerve of that dealer to change your oil for free and then give your bike back, running, fixed, but dirty, and with FINGERPRINTS to boot! I just hate it when the bill says what was actually wrong, what they did to fix it, and then listing what they believe may be a possible future issue is the capper! Excuse me while I go look for another nit to pick.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 AM
SIREx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by roadking2000
Gosh what a tragic situation! Try washing it. That just may do the trick. The nerve of that dealer to change your oil for free and then give your bike back, running, fixed, but dirty, and with FINGERPRINTS to boot! I just hate it when the bill says what was actually wrong, what they did to fix it, and then listing what they believe may be a possible future issue is the capper! Excuse me while I go look for another nit to pick.

I think responses like yours are why America is such poor shape right now. Everyone excepts poor service and shady work. Your probably a Harley Tech thats fed up with people holding you accountable for your work. You would rather half A@@ everything you do and complain about it than do it right the first time.

To everyone else I guess thanks.

Pay 13000 for a bike, leaks oil, take it back, they say it will always leak if not more depending on the oil, poor oil on you bike and give it back filthy.

I think I am going to get a Honda.

See Ya.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I want to take the bike back..........
Good luck with that.

Wash it off and move on.
Good advice.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 AM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doubt they will take the bike back.

Wash the bike off really good, ride the he!! out of it. Next time you need your oil changed, take it to someone you trust or do it yourself. If you need warranty work, go to a different dealer.

I would also email/write the owner and send pictures of what occurred at his/her dealership. I certainly wouldn't take my bike back there or support them.

Quick Reply: Looking for Harely reps