General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage full of bikes never ever started.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Sauceman
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
All that, and a pink shirt too. Nice.
It's not pink, it's aggressive salmon.

I would rather cry in a Maybach then a Pinto! Good for him doing what he wants. Who gives a **** if they get riden. They were bought and paid for, helping whatever dealership sold them to him. If he decides to get his rocks off and thow them over a cliff, so be it. They are just objects, thats it, thats all.

cheers

Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by Sauceman
It's not pink, it's aggressive salmon.

I would rather cry in a Maybach then a Pinto! Good for him doing what he wants. Who gives a **** if they get riden. They were bought and paid for, helping whatever dealership sold them to him. If he decides to get his rocks off and thow them over a cliff, so be it. They are just objects, thats it, thats all.

cheers

Knowing the color, and saying they are just objects. That's wrong.

And I am a big believer in capitalism, and I will never be that rich. But if I was I would find better uses for my money than pretentious, ostentatiousness. Does that owner even ride motorcycles?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:20 AM
tr8785
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coolest garage I've ever seen... Wonder if the dude has some nuclear bomb shelter built into a paradise...

Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

No big deal really, I know some people that spend that much on a sport fishing boat and 2nd and 3rd homes and never use them either.
I don't get the criticism here, the guy is or was driven to be a success, that's what he likely enjoys doing the most, and that's why so many that 'have made it' don't use it the way we think they (or we) would/should, it just isn't as important as their other passion. Unfortunately, many don't realize the clock IS ticking and there is more in life to enjoy, and it IS a finite time period.
Personally I quit chasing the end of the rainbow a few years back, sold my business and it's 21 employees as I was just ready to enjoy life, the clocks ticking, bucket list wasn't getting any shorter. Got enough cars, houses, boats that I don't have the time to fully enjoy.... BTW, Guys like this have enough scratch to have someone else take care of all the maintenance of their 'stuff' which is mandatory, or you become a slave to it.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:25 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a poser no vest, do-rag, or assless chaps, and still has stock exhaust. I bet he has never even posted here too!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default A Place For EVERYONE!

Originally Posted by dawg
Albeit cool and impressive, can't help but think that the bastard never has to worry about health care, how to pay for the kids' college bills, working for the man to make ends meet, etc., etc. Kind of pisses me off that there are people like that.
Originally Posted by BackRoader
Vulgar display of wealth.
Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan
I wouldn't deny someone to enjoy the benefits of their hard work. They said in the beginning that this guy was a software engineer and got his money from the sale of his company. Congratulations on all of your success sir. Really, I mean it.
But oppulance (sp?) like that kinda makes me sick.

GSF
Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
I bet we get a lot more enjoyment out of our bikes the he does.
Originally Posted by kredin
Ah, nice.

His money... he can (and did) do what he wants with it. And live with the consequences. Money doesn't buy happiness but he's given it his best shot.
Quite a spectrum of responses here! Although I am far from being "wealthy" I consider myself a wealthy person. I (and my family) have our health and lives to live. I don't begrudge ANYONE their wealth or good fortune and have long realized that money can't buy happiness! Life is to short to be bitter. I do the best I can and move on from there.

The grass is always greener! (I think not) It's not about getting what you want, it's about wanting what you've got!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:43 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

I love seeing story's about people that have made it. Never could understand why someone would rag on a person for being successful unless the success comes form some illegal activity.

What I don't like however are the one's that feel they must let everyone else know how much they have. I work for a band from time to time that does some very good things with their money. They also incorporate something into their shows that let the audience know exactly what they have done. I'm talking video productions that probably cost damn near as much to produce as what they donated.

I work for others that also donate large sums and never say a word about it publicly. I understand in the first example part of the motivation for touting their generosity is probably so the fans know that the money they spend for a ticket to the show and CD's is helping the band to help others but because I know the artists, I know it has nothing to do with that. It's all about Hey look at us, we're really special.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He thought that was nitros on his Vrod Destroyer, LOL, that is a the air for the shifter. I guess he doesn't really know what he has. He bought all of those bikes thinking they would be a good investment, turned out to not be so good.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,580 Likes on 5,090 Posts

hey, atleast they were HD's and not Hondas

Old 07-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,763 Likes on 2,016 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
John, that may be true now. But in 100 years they. will be very valuable. A guy in Ohio just found 100 year old shoebox of baseball cards. Estimated worth 3 million dollars.

You bet someone will like Twinkies and Evos in 100 years. Different strokes for different folks.
In 100 years, I seriously doubt there will be gasoline to put in them, so their value as a collectible will be limited, as all you will be able to do is look at them. An old Stradivarius fiddle or Gibson guitar will still be able to make music.

Quick Reply: Garage full of bikes never ever started.