General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lone Ridin' - Has anyone else experienced this?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:20 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Lone Ridin' - Has anyone else experienced this?

ORIGINAL: MCSarge

There is a bar in town that I cruise by once in a while to see what kind of runs are coming up. You might have a place locally like that.
Yeah, we have a long-time biker bar in town named Beverly's. They generally have the scoop on any upcoming runs, events, etc.

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:28 PM
gilbertb11
Tourer

TxHarleyGuy2007 I'm from Austin and a buddy and I will sometimes head out. We too are usually pretty busy with work but we'd love to head out sometime. I've got to warn you though, we are relatively new to the Harley family, but all the more reason we are just dying to get out. If you live in Austin, then you know just how crappy the weather is right now (FYI, emergency officials are going to close 183 down tonight.) Anyway, drop me an email and we'll get togther and head out somewhere.

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:34 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior

My rider partner is my wife-where I go, she goes. If anyone else wishes to go along, the more the merrier. I gave up 'group' rides long ago. Too many egos for me.

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:42 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

This whole thread is almost all online. Austin has a huge Texas rally each year. Not sure when.

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:44 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: MAchonewon

This whole thread is almost all online. Austin has a huge Texas rally each year. Not sure when.
Yeah, the ROT Republic of Texas rally. It's held in June. www.rotrally.com

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:49 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: gilbertb11

TxHarleyGuy2007 I'm from Austin and a buddy and I will sometimes head out. We too are usually pretty busy with work but we'd love to head out sometime. I've got to warn you though, we are relatively new to the Harley family, but all the more reason we are just dying to get out. If you live in Austin, then you know just how crappy the weather is right now (FYI, emergency officials are going to close 183 down tonight.) Anyway, drop me an email and we'll get togther and head out somewhere.
Yeah, the weather is pretty bad right now, alright. I definitely wouldn't mind hooking up with you guys for a run somewhere. New to the game or old schooler, you've got a scoot, you're part of the brotherhood as far as I'm concerned. Look forward to it, bro.

Old 01-15-2007 | 10:56 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm with traveler Iride alonemost of the time.spur of the moment is the most notice I get to ride alot of the time.

Old 01-15-2007 | 11:18 PM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Greetings everyone.

I've owned Harley's off and on for round about 27 years or so. For about a 5 year period, I didn't ride at all as my business kept me away from home a good percentage of the time. Here recently, I've purchased an '06 Heritage and am falling in love with riding all over again. I've taken the hill country rides, the rides toolin' around town, breakfast runs, etc. Short of organized runs, now I am finding that I really don't know too many other folks with whom I can meet up with to go for a run every now and again. I'm a member of the local HOG chapter and have made a couple of runs there. But does anyone have any other suggestions on how one might go about meeting like-minded HD folks who like to rev up the ol' v-twins on an early weekend morning and head on out the highway? Has anyone else found themselves in this particular situation? I mean, I love riding lone wolf and all. But every now and again, it's cool to share the joy with fellow enthusiasts too! Thanks, all.

Hey TexasHarleyGuy, go to hdf main page and check out Southwest
section Under Regional Events and Rides, then look for a post on TEXAS ROLL CALL you can look under there and find people in your area to hook up with.There not all listed in there but there are some add your to the list for other's to see.

Old 01-15-2007 | 11:52 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
|
Road Warrior

Appreciate the feedback, folks.