General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more Harley's for me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

hey brother congrats on the RG... all best, here's wishing ya many many awesome miles.. cheers

Old 07-13-2012, 10:16 PM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Man , that is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet looking ride.
I know not a CVO but I love my 11' RGC . Enjoy your ride man.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 PM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I saw one of those on the showroom floor and I had to stop and just look and take it in...I luv the paint on those....

Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Plow64 - Started with 07 FXSTC, 08 Buell Ulysses, 09 XR1200, 10 Superglide, 10 Ultra, 12 Night Rod Special, 12 Road Glide and now the 12 Road Glide CVO.

My wife does not fully under stand. However I'm 71 and the family has long ago grown and all doing well on there own. No grand kids and these toys do not impact our finances at all. So she tolerates my craziness.

I ride all of them. Have a set goal of none having less than 2K added each season. It's a dirty job but it needs to be done. The Ultra has the most use with 21+K on it. Covered 49 States, 6 Provence's and 1 Territory with them in the last four years.

My son's have already put dibs on which one's they want. I have not told them my plan to ride until I'm 101!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 PM
azblackbird
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by groupw
....... you Sir, need glasses.
I see just fine thank you. I'm sorry, but that CVO bike is one beautiful machine, but that ugly *** fairing just kills it. If HD would come up with a more refined/sleeker/futuristic fixed fairing design, I'd have one in a heart beat, as I'm sure many others here would also.

When the newly designed Wings first came out, I sold my Ultra and bought a new Wing just because they looked fricking awesome. Honda finely designed a decent looking bad *** touring bike. Even all my hardcore Harley buddies agreed. Now that everybody and their brother has one, and Honda hasn't done jack **** for over 10 years with the design. I went back to the batwing Ultra, just cause I still like the old school nostalgic look, and the fact they updated their frames and improved a few other things.

Like I said... I'd dump my Ultra tomorrow if HD would redesign their Glide fairing, or maybe even come out with an entirely new touring bike. Surely I can't be the only one who would like to see a new design.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:42 PM
08HD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Plow64 - Started with 07 FXSTC, 08 Buell Ulysses, 09 XR1200, 10 Superglide, 10 Ultra, 12 Night Rod Special, 12 Road Glide and now the 12 Road Glide CVO.

My wife does not fully under stand. However I'm 71 and the family has long ago grown and all doing well on there own. No grand kids and these toys do not impact our finances at all. So she tolerates my craziness.

I ride all of them. Have a set goal of none having less than 2K added each season. It's a dirty job but it needs to be done. The Ultra has the most use with 21+K on it. Covered 49 States, 6 Provence's and 1 Territory with them in the last four years.

My son's have already put dibs on which one's they want. I have not told them my plan to ride until I'm 101!

You sir, are my inspiration!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice ride, congrats!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
does that mean i can't call dibs on the cvo? dammit!!!!!

awesome collection sir

Old 07-14-2012, 12:21 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by azblackbird
I see just fine thank you. I'm sorry, but that CVO bike is one beautiful machine, but that ugly *** fairing just kills it. If HD would come up with a more refined/sleeker/futuristic fixed fairing design, I'd have one in a heart beat, as I'm sure many others here would also.

When the newly designed Wings first came out, I sold my Ultra and bought a new Wing just because they looked fricking awesome.
see, that just proves that beauty is in the eye of the beerholder. i don't think there are many other bikes uglier than a wing (with the exception of the vision), while the shark nose has got it going on in spades.....

Old 07-14-2012, 12:42 AM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member

Just the one picture? Selfish bastage.

Congrats man, hope I'm riding along side you when you celebrate that 100th birthday. Drinks are on me.

Quick Reply: No more Harley's for me!