General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rain today in San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 16,177 Likes on 5,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Butt Springer
Major multi car crashes in Diego when it rains... Throw a bucket of water on 8 south and watch the fun.... LOL I rode 90 miles last year through the hurricane that smacked the **** out of Vermont and northern NH.... You have not lived until you hit icy rain with out a helmet.... Every mile i kept thinking boy do i miss riding back home in San Diego...
I must argue this point... it doesn't even have to be a bucket!!! half a cup o' water, and its Armageddon!!!

Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
I can beat the rain to my house in 30 minutes!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
But only if you're 30 minutes away, and that's the rain you want to beat.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

No rain yet in the far east San Diego county, so we'll see. Supposedly a high chance of rain. We need it badly, so no complaints here.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,611 Likes on 5,098 Posts

guess what. It never rained. But atleast it was nice to ride home with a/c....Accuweather had it @ 79% chance of rain.what the diff between 79% and 80%chance of rain......I would really like to bitch slap someone before I die

Last edited by SeniorChief56; 07-13-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron Butt Springer
Major multi car crashes in Diego when it rains... Throw a bucket of water on 8 south and watch the fun.... LOL I rode 90 miles last year through the hurricane that smacked the **** out of Vermont and northern NH.... You have not lived until you hit icy rain with out a helmet.... Every mile i kept thinking boy do i miss riding back home in San Diego...

8 south? Where in San Diego are you talking about? 8 goes east and west.

Water on the roads in San Diego County? Watch the accidents happen.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
I must argue this point... it doesn't even have to be a bucket!!! half a cup o' water, and its Armageddon!!!
Ill conceded that one, i was being nice.... Years ago i did a ride along with a SDPD Lt friend of the Family and it was a REAL ride along.... It was a overcast day that turned really rainy at rush hour.... I never laughed so hard at peoples arrogance, stupidity and misfortune.... And im talking the Golden Triangle Area not the South Bay

Last edited by Iron Butt Springer; 07-14-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I think it's hysterical that you all from SD can't handle temps below 62 nor above 82. A mist of water happens within 20 mile of there and it's full fledged panic. I can't even imagine what would happen if there was a threat of snow.

If I remember correctly, back in about '88 there was 1/2" of snow in LA. The city practically shut down. I can only imagine if that happened in SD. No-one would leave their homes for a month!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
8 south? Where in San Diego are you talking about? 8 goes east and west.

Water on the roads in San Diego County? Watch the accidents happen.
I meant 805 in the south bay Also 805 and 5 around the merge very bad when i was there

15, 805,163, 8, 53, 78, 125, 295 ect ect ... **** its been 7 years since i was home... I'm lucky if i can find my way south to Boston and its only 55 miles.... LOL

Last edited by Iron Butt Springer; 07-14-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Iron Butt Springer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by baka1969
I think it's hysterical that you all from SD can't handle temps below 62 nor above 82. A mist of water happens within 20 mile of there and it's full fledged panic. I can't even imagine what would happen if there was a threat of snow.

If I remember correctly, back in about '88 there was 1/2" of snow in LA. The city practically shut down. I can only imagine if that happened in SD. No-one would leave their homes for a month!

My Family and ex wife's family came out here 2 winters ago... It was around Christmas and temps stayed about 30 or so degrees, nice and warm. We did not get any snow while they were here but we had about 2 foot accumulation at home...

They got off the plane looking like Arctic Explorers California Style, Parkas in Bright summer colors... Knit stocking caps, Scarfs, Snow Boots, and Im guessing a few had thermal undies.... They all looked like that Kid in A Christmas Story and I'm in a Tee Shirt Jean's and my black insulated hoodie.. What a sight....

All complained incessantly about the cold they hardly left the house.... Yes it was a genuine Christmas Vacation National Lampoon Style...

We had a lot of winter activities planned but the no one could not bear the cold....

Yes i stayed outside putting up lights and I swear my Father in law pointed out a fault with a few of the lights I had in the trees... I dropped to the ground and laughed my *** off...

He really thought i was nuts when I did a brake job on my truck out side in the drive way.... Then i sealed my son-in-law is nuts when i climbed up on the porch roof to rake off the 2 ft of snow accumulation...

Last edited by Iron Butt Springer; 07-14-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:09 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969

So that only leaves 360 days to ride.

Quick Reply: Rain today in San Diego?