General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Southern Radio Stations List.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Wcross
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern Radio Stations List.

Just went down to Florida to pick up the Dragon-in-law with my Bro-in-law to haul her back to New York. Lot of great people in the South and will be going back down a few times on the E-Glide in the future. But man-oh-man, 99% of the radio stations from Florida, Georgia, the Carolina's, and Virginia SUCK! Because of Florida and Georgia stations, I hope I never hear a Molly Hatchet or Lynard Skynard song again for at least a year.[8D]That, and for some bizarre reason, EVERY freakin' station played "Another Think Coming" by Judas Priest.If you liked the song before, by the time you got back, you'd want to put a tent stake through your ears the next time it came on.This was set up as the truck I drove back only had a radio. No CD or cassette. I did have a good laugh or three from some program called "John-boy and Billy" or something like that on one of the stations. Other than that: crap. What I need from the Southern folks on this forum is a list of the decent ROCK stations from your State. Station call signs and the "number on the dial". Appreciation in advance: thanks.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:17 PM
flakdog
Road Captain
Default RE: Southern Radio Stations List.

Damn Yankee! [sm=badbadbad.gif]
J/K to each his own. I live in Texas only good Rock stations are on Sat. Radio.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

98.9 WMMO ORLANDO

Old 01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

let's see, Skynyrd, Hatchet, Priest, Allmans, 38 Special, Those seem to be rock songs, right? What other rock is there? Prince? Milli Vanilli?

Yankees...sheesh !!!!!!

Mama always said Yankees are like a box of.....no, ......they're like hemarhoids, when they come down and go back up, they ain't too bad but when they come down and stay, they're a pain in the azz !!![sm=happybounce.gif]

Seriously, there are some decent rock stations but you're mostly gonna get a heavy dose of southern rock because you are ...well...... in the south,,except for Florida

Bubba

Old 01-14-2007, 09:38 PM
waterman7474
Road Master

Sirius sat radio will solve that problem real fast.

btw, i've had both and i have to say, (howard aside) the programming on Sirius is MUCH better.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:56 PM
EricVonZipper
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they sucked so bad because you were listening to commercial stations.

The best, non commercial stations are generally to the left of the dial, for the right choice of music.

Atlanta Ga has some of the best noncommercial stations anywhere.

WRAS- 88.5 FM. Ga State University- primarily new, emerging rock, but some programs offer blues, rockabilly, psychedelic, jazz, genuine country western (cow tippers delight), and any other genre you can think of.

WRFG- Radio Free Georgia.89.3 FM. A very diverse station. Blues, Jazz, Rock, Rockabilly, Bluegrass, etc. Offers individual programs running the gamut.

WREK. 91.1 FM. Ga. Tech University. Also a very diverse playlist. More rock than WRFG, but less than WRAS. Excellent station, as are the other 2.

If you're listening to commercial rock stations, you deserve what you get.

Oh yeah, and, in my opinion, the 3 above noted stations are better than sirius and xm, cause you get the diversity on one channel. Broaden your musical horizons occasionally. You'll be glad you did.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

We're fond of this back in Savannah... no one asked you to come here... no one asked you to stay- Delta's ready when you are and I-95 heads north too.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:53 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

All hail the Raif-Daddy!

He's the best part of the John Boy & Billy Show and the only certified Curmudgeon below the Mason-Dixon Line.

Classic Rock stations suck. Nuff Said.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

I still like mySirus radio north or south

Old 01-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

101.1 in SC, John Boy and Billy are a Syndicated Radio Show out of Charolotte, NC, you can get them on various Stations all over the South, they have a Website, thebigshow.com I think is correct.

Quick Reply: Southern Radio Stations List.