General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Absolutely sick...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Harryinny
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaredofrain
Did you book your bike's repair in before you dropped it off or did you just go there and left it to get sorted? Now there's a difference I think. If that particular dealer is busy, which is maybe the case, you may just be waiting your turn. He ordered the parts so when your turn comes they are ready to go.
Or did you expect them to drop everything to get you sorted and by doing that make somebody else wait. Now that would be selfish i.m.h.o.
The local shop here is booking 3-4 weeks out. Thats a bunch of crap. Thats for ANYTHING. Support your locl Indy dealer, it doesnt void **** if the work is documented. I have the same ESP. Harley doesnt have to do nothing but the regular service intervals period. You can submit the reciept for your money, or you can get pre authorized, indy dealers will work with you on it. Just because you have harley logo on the card doesnt mean they rule your choices.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:27 AM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barnett HD in Las Cruces rebuilt my bike in 2008 after my accident. It took a while because they had to order painted parts, so I was patient (and I was healing as well). When my son and I went to pick it up I had to trailer it due to me still healing. When we stopped for lunch my son noticed that the V&H exhaust was sitting on the floor of the trailer. Wonder what would have happened if I had been riding it? I called them on it, and no apology even. I checked everything once I got it home that I could and still didn't feel comfortable riding it. I only put about 120 more miles on it before I traded it in at High Plains HD and yes I let them know why I was trading it in.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:32 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 487 Posts

I did that last week for 3.28 or some ****...y let them do it