General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Absolutely sick...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
oneballz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we live in a technology world with the world wide web.
Leave reviews of the dealership on Google maps, yelp, angiesList, etc.
Its just your opinion and experience but you should share it with everyone

Old 06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 8,954 Likes on 4,700 Posts

Originally Posted by TacoMaster
I live in El Paso as well, take it to Edge Kawasaki. Most of their mechanics used to work at Barnett.
Really? I do most of my own work but every once in a while I need a shop that has a tool I don't.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:04 PM
BradP1987
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bike has about 28k miles on it and when i got to looking at it, the studs look like they have swollen to the point that they wont come out, probably from the heat of the engine. My old Ford had the same thing happen a couple years ago, but I had the tools to fix it then. We just moved into a bigger place and haven't been able to make the 1300 mile trip back home to get my tools and box, so doing it myself was out of the question.

No, I called in advance to make sure they could get it done in a timely manner. I was told my the mechanic that it would be at most a 4 day job, little did I know, he was bad about screwing things up at the shop, and he got fired.

As far as the ESP is concerned, when I called the hotline to make sure the repair would be covered, they said that it had to be done at an authorized HD Dealer...otherwise it would have been taken to another shop.

I understand, sometimes things take a little time, but I was a carpenter for 10 years before I joined the Army, and I have dealt with time lines before. When you give someone an approximate date of completion, people expect it to be done within that time. They could have told me, that it may require additional work, and it wouldn't have been a big deal, and I wouldn't have already paid for a ride that I'm not going to be able to attend.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find an indy and take it there. Anything I can't do myself I have a guy who actually values my business. F*** harley dealers.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM
TacoMaster
Advanced

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Really? I do most of my own work but every once in a while I need a shop that has a tool I don't.
Yeah I was bitching about Barnett to some guys I work with and they all take their stuff to Edge. My 20k is up next that's where I'm going.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
TacoMaster
Advanced

I just PCS'd here in January from Fort Hood. At Hood there was an independet place in Nolanville called Kays Motorcycle Mania I always took it there.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:17 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 8,954 Likes on 4,700 Posts

I had a friend who owned a shop on the East side. He's out of business now. You can't beat a good Indy. Still a friend but no more shop.

Unless you just don't have the tools, the 20k is easy to do yourself. I finally have a garage and do everything myself anymore. Except mount my tire to the rim. Can't do that... Yet.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You want service? Then keep a few things in mind. 1. When checking in, get a time of repair estimate written down on your paperwork...as well as the cost estimate. Be satisfied with BOTH or don't leave the bike. 2. If your in a hurry tell them up front. Indicate that you'll be willing to pay for expidited freight on parts order, and asked to be notified when the parts order was made. 3. Check in if you've not heard form them when you expect. 4. Keep in contact for updates on progress. 5. If things aren't rolling along, find the service manager and complain.

Bottom line is to keep their feet to the fire of accountability. "The squeeky wheel gets the grease"...is a true statement.

A lot of consumers aren't assertive, or just don't mind being oppressed with poor service. If your that kind of guy, you gonna get waht your expecting most of the time.......not just at the Harley dealers.

Blaiming your bike, or the Harley Davidson Company is just dumb.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must be getting old or I got good sense when it comes to picking a good shop. I never gripe about how long someone else is taking to do me a good job. I would be more concerned with the finished product and not the time it takes to fix it right.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:40 AM
S.Brinkman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RHillbilly
If you have esp i think you can get it fixed anywhere not just a harley shop
If he has esp he should have known it was going to break and replaced it ahead of time.

Quick Reply: Absolutely sick...