General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this guy a liar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007 | 01:22 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Is this guy a liar?

EBAY IS FULL OF SCAMMERS!

Ive been a ebay seller for years and its a buyer be VERY AWARE world, scams are there every day, Ask the hard question and dont be afraid to hurt his feelings.
Okay, I will ask him, lets see what he answers, here is what I asked;
Okay, please tell me, did you buy new? If so who installed the 6 speed? Only the Dyna line had a six speed, no 06 softail model was ever offered by harley with a standard 6 speed. Please if it has a six speed please show pic of the trans as all 6 speeds have it written on the trans side cover.

Old 01-12-2007 | 02:40 PM
06nighttrain3130
Advanced

I live about 30miles from this guyI have e-mailed himand asked werehe got the bike and if he will tell me the dealer I will ask the dealer becauseI have friends that work at all of them so hopefuly I can find out what is up with this 6 speed

[IMG]local://upfiles/19930/48A2C7E611F947E4A8511950C5F6309E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2007 | 02:48 PM
lolife
Road Warrior

If It walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,,............................................ ................Its prolly a duck...........................................LO. ........................

Old 01-12-2007 | 04:19 PM
vegashd
Banned

Is anyone looking to purchase this bike? If not leave the guy be. It was probably some BS that the dealer spued to him. If that is the case no one on this forum will be able to convince him differently..

Old 01-12-2007 | 07:17 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

EBAY IS FULL OF SCAMMERS!

Ive been a ebay seller for years and its a buyer be VERY AWARE world, scams are there every day, Ask the hard question and dont be afraid to hurt his feelings.
Okay, I will ask him, lets see what he answers, here is what I asked;
Okay, please tell me, did you buy new? If so who installed the 6 speed? Only the Dyna line had a six speed, no 06 softail model was ever offered by harley with a standard 6 speed. Please if it has a six speed please show pic of the trans as all 6 speeds have it written on the trans side cover.

Okay, he just answered me, you read what I asked him above and here was his responce, sure sounds like he is not on the up and up to me anyway.
Response from blkcumminsturbodiesel blkcumminsturbodiesel( 1) Positive feedback:100% Member since:Mar-22-04 Location:NE, United States Registered on:www.ebay.com Item: Harley-Davidson : Softail (110076376450) This message was sent while the listing was active. blkcumminsturbodiesel is the seller.

This was bought new, I can get pictures, but it won't be until after the auction ends. If it doesn't sell, I will relist it with those pictures.

Old 01-12-2007 | 07:26 PM
darkkevin
Tourer

wow, he was much nicer to you than he was to me. i asked him for a picture of the tranny 'cuz the 6 speeds say just that on the cover. his response was "if you don't believe me, maybe you shouldn't buy the bike"

Old 01-12-2007 | 07:44 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Check this auction on ebay for a 2006 night train. The guy states that it has a factory 6 speed tranny that came like that. In the questions people ask he states it is not a typo. Icould be wrong but I thought the 6 speeds were on the dyna's for 2006 not the softails
eBay Motors: Harley-Davidson : Softail (item 110076376450 end time Jan-13-07 13:29:32 PST)
I don't know about the 5 or 6 speed, but he can't take a picture to save his butt !

cj

Old 01-12-2007 | 07:45 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member

he might not be lying.i work in the prototype side of the world.we do alot ofR&D ( research and developement ) with newer models.espically when they are trying new stuff out like the 6 speed trans.yes they were released first for the 06 dyna's to the public.But,they do make very small amounts of diffrent models to research teams,for R&D.to check them on diffrent models.esp.,whenthey werereleaseing them on all models in 07.to see if they will work or not,ansd to troubleshoot.first ask him ,if thier is a PT stamped on his title.if thier is,that means it is a PROTOTYPE VECHILE.the stamp will be very noticeable like on your birth cert.so ask him before you bash him.if it dont then someone else put it in or he is a BS.

Old 01-12-2007 | 08:18 PM
bosnmate
Banned

Maybe he is counting neutral when going down hill.

Old 01-12-2007 | 08:22 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: jackyl

he might not be lying.i work in the prototype side of the world.we do alot ofR&D ( research and developement ) with newer models.espically when they are trying new stuff out like the 6 speed trans.yes they were released first for the 06 dyna's to the public.But,they do make very small amounts of diffrent models to research teams,for R&D.to check them on diffrent models.esp.,whenthey werereleaseing them on all models in 07.to see if they will work or not,ansd to troubleshoot.first ask him ,if thier is a PT stamped on his title.if thier is,that means it is a PROTOTYPE VECHILE.the stamp will be very noticeable like on your birth cert.so ask him before you bash him.if it dont then someone else put it in or he is a BS.
that makes sense the factory dose things like that, a buddy has a 84 low rider it’s a shovel with a belt drive no kidding, when he brought it he thought he was luckie until he grenaded the tranny, ever try to get a 4 speed box for a belt driveshovel ? it didn’t happen he got a 5 speed instead.

cj

Quick Reply: Is this guy a liar?