General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What doesn't kill you...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012 | 04:25 AM
Phantom6722
Tourer

Do not argue with an idiot (cager). He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience or the size of his car.

Old 07-07-2012 | 04:37 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

I used to think people pulled in front of me because they weren't paying attention. Now I think some of them are so impatient they pull out from the stop, trying to save a split second by getting to your space by the time you roll by.

Having a car headed toward me, trying to time it perfect, and knowing if they are early, I'm toast, pisses me off. I should get an air horn. Or a paint ball gun. Pink.

Old 07-07-2012 | 06:44 AM
klap
Road Master

if ya can, pull up beside 'em and fire a starter pistol right at them..gets their attention real quick..

Old 07-07-2012 | 06:58 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by dstonemega
I don't think the "everybody is trying to kill you" advice is very good. Doesn't make much sense actually.

If I actually rode like everybody was trying to kill me, I'd be zipping in and out alley's, flying through parks and stuff trying to get away from everybody. Dumb advice.

How about just having situational awareness. Pay attention.
Rule #1: Ride like Nobody see's you. That better?

R.I.P.

Old 07-07-2012 | 09:24 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by klap
if ya can, pull up beside 'em and fire a starter pistol right at them..gets their attention real quick..
Yeah,brilliant.This clown is living proof that that 90% of motorcycle accidents are caused by idiots on motorcycles.Plenty of proof on this forum,as evidenced by other wannabe's and their wrecks.Let's take our eyes off the road,pull a dumb-*** stunt like he suggests,maybe crash due to the inattentiveness,and then get arrested for brandishing.And then cry like little bitches........."DAMN CAGERS",WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Old 07-07-2012 | 09:31 AM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by barjbar
I ride with my thumb on the horn and forefingers on the brake lever in traffic. I also have an air horn. Hitting the horn immediately can stop a car from interloping into your lane before you're in trouble.
Same here. And, I blow the horn if I think there is ANY chance the cager doesn't see me.

Old 07-07-2012 | 09:37 AM
traildog
Seasoned HDF Member

Very, Very, BAD advice.

Old 07-07-2012 | 11:15 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain

Not sure about other areas of the Country, or other States, but, that wouldn't be the thing to do in Texas! The response might be more deadly than the car their driving!

Old 07-07-2012 | 12:12 PM
Blackfly
Road Master

I think some people are taking things way too seriously. The starter pistol thing was a joke, or maybe it was to see who would take bait, Huh ? Anger won't get you anything but trouble. When I see someone at a light who's been texting, I will say- please don't text and drive, I've had friends killed and seriously injured that way.
I think people have responded well to that.. And I've also punched a couple windows because someone moved into my lane. I don't think it helped change those a**holes.

Old 07-07-2012 | 12:36 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member

I watched a really, really old lady and old man, I mean prolly in their 90s both come out of Wally World. She's on her walker and he is pushing the cart. He has his cataract shades on and she is no more than 5'1". They are moving very slow and unsteady. I watch them load their stuff in their car after a confused 5 minute search for it, (even though it was in a handicapped spot at the front of the store,) and then another 5 minutes getting the walker put away and getting in the car. BTW, she was driving!!!! Then, they finally drove off. Somewhere later, a biker was on the same road with them. Think about it.

Quick Reply: What doesn't kill you...