General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 11:44 AM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took a group of my friends out to palomar mountain, its a very technical ride, lots of switchbacks and the such.

My friend is the one closest to the camera. We do not know who the other guy is trying to pass him on his left. Would yall consider this ok? Note its double yellow all the way up the mountain. This is in a turn.

Iv passed some bikes in the same lane before, but of course I wait till they give me a wave or if traffic is backed up and they arent lane splitting i just go.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:15 PM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=tripn88;9951511]I took a group of my friends out to palomar mountain, its a very technical ride, lots of switchbacks and the such.

My friend is the one closest to the camera. We do not know who the other guy is trying to pass him on his left. Would yall consider this ok? Note its double yellow all the way up the mountain. This is in a turn.

NOt cool. and he's a fool.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

That entire lane is his, left to right. There's no place you need to be in such a hurry that you couldn't wait your turn.

Suppose he decided to swerve right when you scooted up beside him? Just not cool, no matter which way you look at it.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:01 PM
ghawthorn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
I would never pass another ride on the right or left while in the same lane.... unless I was riding with them. I would think it would be common sense not to do that.

Yea, common sense, I agree.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:21 PM
azblackbird
Tourer

Originally Posted by tripn88
Your friend is doing 10 mph, the guy on the Concourse is doing 60 mph. You can damn sure bet I'm going to pass your slow ***, double yellow or not! In case you didn't know, Palomar Mt. is a favorite among those that love to do the twisties. Most newbie riders don't realize that, and then crap their pants when a crotch rocket blows past them like they're standing still... which in the case of most newbie riders who are riding the twisties... they do ride like they are basically standing still.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:25 PM
tripn88
Road Warrior

if you say so, but some people enjoy the ride and the speed limit is way less than 60 and the jack *** could have waited till after the corner.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:30 PM
1broketramp
Cruiser

now we know who was on the other bike.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:31 PM
azblackbird
Tourer

Originally Posted by tripn88
if you say so, but some people enjoy the ride and the speed limit is way less than 60 and the jack *** could have waited till after the corner.
No problem in enjoying the ride, but it you're riding on a well known "rocket playground" then prepare to be passed like you're standing still, even in the corners. Same rules apply to Deals Gap and a host of many other well known twisty roads in America. Is it illegal?... sure it is, but who gives a ****. That's just the way it is, and always has been when slamming the twisties.

Last edited by azblackbird; 06-17-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:54 PM
WrenchinRider
Tourer
Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

The concourse rider would give give a ****,if the moment he began to pass the rider on the inside of the lane decided to use all of "HIS" lane and pushed the concourse into oncoming traffic. Unless waved around,this move is stupid. And as for riding on a "rocket playground",everyone has a right to be on the road.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:36 PM
chadxps
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most common sense situations can be answered with,,,,,,well common sense!

Quick Reply: road etiquette