General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veteran patch??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:11 AM
TorturedZen
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Veteran patch??

Our club is made up of 80% military vets. We have 2 piece cuts with state rockers which has caught the attention of the dominant club here. I understand, in their eyes, that is disrespectful as it allegedly claims territory...although we really don't. We are starting to feel some pressure from them to replace the rocker, but I'm hearing that there is a certain specific VETERANs patch that dominant clubs will recognize and, in turn, allow the state rockers to remain.

Is this true and if so, what does this VET patch look like? Or is this BS?
And just to be honest...we did not get their approval before the club was started up. Mainly because we simply weren't aware of such a protocol.

Thanks in advance...

Last edited by TorturedZen; 06-15-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TorturedZen
Our club is made up of 80% military vets. We have 2 piece cuts with state rockers which has caught the attention of the dominant club here, the *******. I understand, in their eyes, that is disrespectful as it allegedly claims territory...although we really don't. We are starting to feel some pressure from them to replace the rocker, but I'm hearing that there is a certain specific VETERANs patch that dominant clubs will recognize and, in turn, allow the state rockers to remain.

Is this true and if so, what does this VET patch look like? Or is this BS?
And just to be honest...we did not get their approval before the club was started up. Mainly because we simply weren't aware of such a protocol.

Thanks in advance...
That's the ****ing problem! You don't **** about being in a MC, protocol, or respect and what pisses me off about your post is that you didn't even bother to try to learn any of it! You still don't want to learn, you're just looking for a ****ing work around!

You damn start up MC's **** me the **** off! And take the other clubs name out of your post! Another thing you obviously haven't learned, quit putting other clubs business on the ****ing internet!

I swear it just pisses me off that anyone with 2 friends that ride together has to start a ****ing club because they think it'll make them cool.

Too afraid to go join an established MC because you don't have what it takes to make through prospecting or you just too ****ing lazy! WTF?

Last edited by Sprtstr1200; 06-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Dude... don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Last edited by Ghosteh; 06-15-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:29 AM
rdb1976
Road Master

This whole idea of gangs (motorcycle or otherwise) claiming territory is just dumb. Y'all don't own ****.

Change your state patch to "NOMAD" and hand the other club a box of tissues.

As for the OP, you need to watch a few episodes of The Devil's Ride and Sons Of Anarchy...you'll learn everything you need to know about running a real motorcycle club.#sarcasm

Old 06-15-2012, 11:41 AM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

MC's are not "Gangs"! Weather you like it or you don't, you share the road with various MC's & they have certain protocols that you don't mess with. Most MC's recognize Veteran patches as non territorial & they respect Veterans more than other forms of associations.
Go to their local watering hole without wearing your cut, take a pic of your 2 piece with you & using respect, Ask them if it's offensive to them.
If you got the mud to go to them, they will show some respect back!
You cant pull over a local smokey & ask for help, You might think it's chicken poop to have to do this but it is your only choice!
Do it right, let them know that you have no interest in territory, drugs, hookers etc just so they know your patch is a reflection of your military pride & where your from!
I have a veterans patch, It sais Veterans on the top, Canada on the bottom with the UN NATO crest in the middle. The local dom here is o.k. with it because respect was shown when we asked for their approval.
welcome to "The life"!
Hatch.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:44 AM
TorturedZen
Advanced

Hahaha..Lighten the hell up dude! I'm asking questions for a reason. What I DIDN'T ask for is someones narrow-minded opinion. And where do you get off talking to people like that? You don't know me or anything about me.
Go preach your 'real MC' crap in someone elses thread!

And as an after-thought...It appears you are former USMC. We both served and have a common ground. Please don't treat me like I'm some boot fresh out of Basic. I'm not your enemy!

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
That's the ****ing problem! You don't **** about being in a MC, protocol, or respect and what pisses me off about your post is that you didn't even bother to try to learn any of it! You still don't want to learn, you're just looking for a ****ing work around!

You damn start up MC's **** me the **** off! And take the other clubs name out of your post! Another thing you obviously haven't learned, quit putting other clubs business on the ****ing internet!

I swear it just pisses me off that anyone with 2 friends that ride together has to start a ****ing club because they think it'll make them cool.

Too afraid to go join an established MC because you don't have what it takes to make through prospecting or you just too ****ing lazy! WTF?

Last edited by TorturedZen; 06-15-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:48 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i don't know of any VET specific patches that will take the heat off of your territory patch. You have to be respectful in MC's . if you don't claim a territory then just rep a nomad bottom rocker.
or you can do it right and do what HACHETMAN said

Last edited by BiggDogg; 06-15-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
TorturedZen
Advanced

Thank you for your reply Hatch. This is more inline with what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by hatchetman
MC's are not "Gangs"! Weather you like it or you don't, you share the road with various MC's & they have certain protocols that you don't mess with. Most MC's recognize Veteran patches as non territorial & they respect Veterans more than other forms of associations.
Go to their local watering hole without wearing your cut, take a pic of your 2 piece with you & using respect, Ask them if it's offensive to them.
If you got the mud to go to them, they will show some respect back!
You cant pull over a local smokey & ask for help, You might think it's chicken poop to have to do this but it is your only choice!
Do it right, let them know that you have no interest in territory, drugs, hookers etc just so they know your patch is a reflection of your military pride & where your from!
I have a veterans patch, It sais Veterans on the top, Canada on the bottom with the UN NATO crest in the middle. The local dom here is o.k. with it because respect was shown when we asked for their approval.
welcome to "The life"!
Hatch.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I wasn't aware of Vet Clubs running state rockers...

Those that I have seen have branch of service or "veteran" or something of the likes.. and I was under the impression that they do this, for this very reason.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Pops
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200

They will never understand until they are setting in the ER with an ice pack!

Quick Reply: Veteran patch??