General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veteran patch??

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Put this on your back and the other MC's will leave you alone...........

Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
pepper8892
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't understand? Why do you even need territory, unless you are doing something illegal? I was under the impression that the United States is a very big place, with enough roads for everyone, and if not, there is Canada, and Mexico..
I wonder what would happen if all bikers came together... If they did, we could turn this sh*t hole back into a pretty nice place to live again..
Something to think about...
I don't have anything against any MC or group, just thinking out loud..
Everyone ride safe...

Old 06-18-2012, 12:32 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,868 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by TacoMaster
Why does everyone feel they have to be part of a club? Maybe because I move too much (active Army) to settle down but everywhere I go I have or make friends who I ride with and party with...never felt like I had to create a club to have a better time. Much respect to the real clubs out there but I've never figured out the fascination of casual riders and patches / clubs.

Different strokes for different folks. You and I don't get it and that is why we aren't part of that world and have no interest in it.

Others do and they have the rules etc. Last thing I want is more rules and establishment. I ride my bike enjoy myself on it I don't need a bunch of rules and other stuff to deal with after work. But some guys swear by it.

Different strokes for different folks.

I think saying it is a Vets club because 80% are vets is treading a stupid line. You guys need to just find another hobby.

However, since none of these clubs are gangs I don't think a real Veterans club would have a problem because only a gang would forcefully tell a Vets club they couldn't live as free men in this nation that some of us have fought for. Right?

Unless "protocol" has somehow trumped the Constitution... Because as we know the wearing of colors is a 1st Amendment issue right?

Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Put this on your back and the other MC's will leave you alone...........

SNIP

Not sure posting that is a brilliant idea. ..

Old 06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Leadbelly
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
Yep, I'm a vet, but that doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about people that want to pretend to be patch holders because they ride with some friends.

What pisses me off the most is that everyone wants to start an MC instead of joining an existing one and then they get all butt hurt when they find out there's a process and protocol and actual work that goes into setting up an MC and even more work to make it last and get quality members and write by laws that'll set a firm foundation for a true brotherhood. GO JOIN AN EXISTING MC! If you can't get make the cut, there's probably a reason.

I can't ****ing wait for SOA and Devils' ride and Outlaw Empires and every other show that inspires posers, to be cancelled so all the ****ing wannabe's can pick something else to mimic.
I was approached the other day from a person that wanted to start a new MC, then I asked what kind of club,reply wuz LEO......I just walked off.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
RoaringRigid
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by pococj
baka1969 sed:

EDITED by me TO SAVE SPACE

This next stuff has been said so many times it borders on "bang my head against the wall" to repeat it:
1. Believe little to nothing you see on any TV/movie about an MC.
2. What kernel of truth there might be on those TV/movies applies only to that particular club at that particular place at that instant of time.
3. Believe less than nothing you hear from someone who knows someone who had a second cousin on their Mom's side who had a buddy who was in an MC.
4. If you've never been in an MC you have zero knowledge of what goes on. If you have zero knowledge what makes you think anything you have to say about club business has any value? It doesn't, and to speak about that of which you know nothing is merely a display of ignorance. But ignorance is cured by knowledge; gain it.
5. If you want to know about an MC, find a member and ask. If it's not "club business" they'll be glad to answer.
6. Get past the stereotypes.

And if you are an MC member, remember to conduct yourself with honor at all times; I demand it of my Brothers, and I demand it of myself.

There is a level of respect, maturity and dignity to what you and a few others post in threads like this... You and a few others seem like plain old fashioned good men. Very rare these days.

However, others don't represent the MC world very well and that is a shame.

Like I said I don't want anything to do with it. I understand why some do. As in the military, I still work with people I know have my back and put their lives on the line for me. They do so almost every time we go abroad.

I am guessing in the MC world there are far more "good old fashioned men" then the other types we see here on occasion.

Anyhow, FWIW I do truly appreciate coming here and seeing that there are still "good old fashioned men" left. And by old fashioned I don't mean that literally. I mean men who you can tell lead their lives by those things that are important for men. Honor, courage, commitment, compassion etc etc.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:25 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RoaringRigid
Not sure posting that is a brilliant idea. ..
Yea OK, thanks for letting me know...........

Old 06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Midlife79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyhow, FWIW I do truly appreciate coming here and seeing that there are still "good old fashioned men" left. And by old fashioned I don't mean that literally. I mean men who you can tell lead their lives by those things that are important for men. Honor, courage, commitment, compassion etc etc.
Regardless of everything else said here, this is well effing said.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:50 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 793 Likes on 386 Posts

I was just talking about the bond one has w/ their military brotheren today w/ some co-workers. I had to explain to them the feeling of knowing your brother had your back no matter what, and you knew it, and that your brother knew you had his back, no matter what. The corporate world is so freakin "cut-throat" and most poeple are just out for themselves. They'll throw you under the bus so freakin fast if they think it'll benefit them! It almost makes me feel sorry for them.

I love to ride indipendant but I often miss the camaraderie and the comfort of those that share common interest, like I had in the Navy. Just my .02

Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

There is a level of respect, maturity and dignity to what you and a few others post in threads like this... You and a few others seem like plain old fashioned good men. Very rare these days.

However, others don't represent the MC world very well and that is a shame.

Like I said I don't want anything to do with it. I understand why some do. As in the military, I still work with people I know have my back and put their lives on the line for me. They do so almost every time we go abroad.

I am guessing in the MC world there are far more "good old fashioned men" then the other types we see here on occasion.

Thank you. Every day is another opportunity to live up to what you've talked about. And every day has its share of failures and successes; we learn from the failures and give thanks for the successes.

Quick Reply: Veteran patch??