General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veteran patch??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:04 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tas_todd
I'm start'n a circle jerk! Aanyone wanna join?!
Just keep your hands in your OWN "Territory" there, sport!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TorturedZen
Our club is made up of 80% military vets. We have 2 piece cuts with state rockers which has caught the attention of the dominant club here. I understand, in their eyes, that is disrespectful as it allegedly claims territory...although we really don't. We are starting to feel some pressure from them to replace the rocker, but I'm hearing that there is a certain specific VETERANs patch that dominant clubs will recognize and, in turn, allow the state rockers to remain.

Is this true and if so, what does this VET patch look like? Or is this BS?
And just to be honest...we did not get their approval before the club was started up. Mainly because we simply weren't aware of such a protocol.

Thanks in advance...
99 out of 100 of the replies you get to this will be from the ignorant and uninformed.

True, you didn't observe protocol cause you didn't know. Now that you know, you should talk to them. Tell em what you're about; Veteren's club, raising awareness and money for Veteren's issues, etc. Just flat out tell em you were ignorant and didn't realize there was a protocol you needed to follow since it's a two peice patch. Ask, "ok so what do we do to fix this"?

Try to arrange a meet, bring your colors, but don't wear em. Leave the attitudes at home, but don't kiss *** either.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:39 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cheeto
Sorry if i'm missing something but i thought i read the OP said only 80% of his club were vets. If that's the case, having a vets patch will solve very little if anything for the club. They can't technically form a vets only club with 20% non-vets. Only the 80% could even wear the patch without IMO disrespecting every vet in the US. If you didn't serve you have no right to wear a patch representing that you did whether it's to get some heat off the club or not. Seems like this thread can be checked off as invalid right now. But again, just my opinion.
We're a Vet's club and we allow a small percentage of non vets that show a high degree of support for the Military. They don't wear a patch that identifies them as vets. We all wear the same colors, but Military members can wear three Military awards on the front.

Last edited by jluvs2ride; 06-16-2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeto
Sorry if i'm missing something but i thought i read the OP said only 80% of his club were vets. If that's the case, having a vets patch will solve very little if anything for the club. They can't technically form a vets only club with 20% non-vets. Only the 80% could even wear the patch without IMO disrespecting every vet in the US. If you didn't serve you have no right to wear a patch representing that you did whether it's to get some heat off the club or not. Seems like this thread can be checked off as invalid right now. But again, just my opinion.
I couldn't possibly agree more. Non-Vets shouldn't be wearing Vet patches.

Rockers and how they're worn have meaning to some of the MC's and if you do it wrong, you end up taking a risk over a patch. That's on you as much as them. Not worth it. I ride with the American Legion Riders (but then we're all Vets and Vets are generaly respected in the MC community). Most ALR group patches use Chapter while we use Post on ours since we affiliate with the Post and not a Chapter. We're not an MC. My suggestion id for your group to drop a state rocker is you're wearing one and wear a one patch setup as opposed to a 3 or 4 patch grouping and then you should be fine. Our state is on our patch (on the main patch and not a rocker), but then we use a one patch system.

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
That's the ****ing problem! You don't **** about being in a MC, protocol, or respect and what pisses me off about your post is that you didn't even bother to try to learn any of it! You still don't want to learn, you're just looking for a ****ing work around!

You damn start up MC's **** me the **** off! And take the other clubs name out of your post! Another thing you obviously haven't learned, quit putting other clubs business on the ****ing internet!

I swear it just pisses me off that anyone with 2 friends that ride together has to start a ****ing club because they think it'll make them cool.

Too afraid to go join an established MC because you don't have what it takes to make through prospecting or you just too ****ing lazy! WTF?
I hear that 'Wild Hogs" is a great movie!!! You might wanna watch it. I think you might enjoy it .... and learn something from it...

Last edited by Motorbones; 06-15-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:51 PM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
99 out of 100 of the replies you get to this will be from the ignorant and uninformed.

Try to arrange a meet, bring your colors, but don't wear em. Leave the attitudes at home, but don't kiss *** either.
You obviously didnt read any of the post before you threw your 2 cents out there.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:07 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TorturedZen
Ok ok..I removed the club's name. Obviously I need to bone up on forum as well as MC protocols. It was never my intention to open up a can with this thread but only to get some information. That being said....I already had a meeting coordinated tomorrow, as was suggested here.
Feel free to spank me some more but all I was asking about was if there is any validity to a certain type of vet patch being recognized.
It all comes down to a whatever they say. I'm not aware of a patch like you describe. I have seen a VMC cube on the back (Veteren's MC) but it is still gonna be about what they want.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by tripn88
You obviously didnt read any of the post before you threw your 2 cents out there.
Or maybe he just missed it. While I'm not affiliated with the Warhorse Brotherhood, I know where their hearts are. No need for the attitude.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as vets are concerned, they walk a mile of gold barb wire. They should aways get a pass no matter where they come from or their tour of duty!!! Where ever they were it had to suck; it was not home and family. Any GI that did their time is more than right to ride in front of me!!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:05 AM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no attitude, people complain when someone starts a new thread about something before, people complain when someone revives a thread thats been dead for years, i complain when people dont read what was previously posted.

im removing my subscription to this thread. OP good luck with the out come

Old 06-16-2012, 12:15 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That's the ****ing problem! You don't **** about being in a MC, protocol, or respect and what pisses me off about your post is that you didn't even bother to try to learn any of it! You still don't want to learn, you're just looking for a ****ing work around!

You damn start up MC's **** me the **** off! And take the other clubs name out of your post! Another thing you obviously haven't learned, quit putting other clubs business on the ****ing internet!

I swear it just pisses me off that anyone with 2 friends that ride together has to start a ****ing club because they think it'll make them cool.

Too afraid to go join an established MC because you don't have what it takes to make through prospecting or you just too ****ing lazy! WTF?
Yep, I'm a vet, but that doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about people that want to pretend to be patch holders because they ride with some friends.

What pisses me off the most is that everyone wants to start an MC instead of joining an existing one and then they get all butt hurt when they find out there's a process and protocol and actual work that goes into setting up an MC and even more work to make it last and get quality members and write by laws that'll set a firm foundation for a true brotherhood. GO JOIN AN EXISTING MC! If you can't get make the cut, there's probably a reason.

I can't ****ing wait for SOA and Devils' ride and Outlaw Empires and every other show that inspires posers, to be cancelled so all the ****ing wannabe's can pick something else to mimic.
what a ****ing joke. if they don't want to join an existing MC club and want to start there own it's none of you fricken business. what, they have to go through the process and protocol because you say so, get a life. if they want to put rockers on their jackets they have as much right as your club does.

Quick Reply: Veteran patch??