General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veteran patch??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
TASibley
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sprtstr1200 may have been a little rough on you, but grow a set of ***** and deal with it! The info is correct showing proper protocol and/or respect and doing things the right way weather you agree or not is called manning up! So be a big boy stop looking for a way to get around a problem and do things stright forward you might be suprized at the results. Just my opnion like a$$holes everyone has one! LOL

Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I would suggest removing other clubs name from post, and meeting with them with all your questions. You maybe kinda in their cross hairs now, so I dont know if changing a territory type patch is gonna help any. best to sit down and hash it with the club in person. they will respect that much more than hearing about it over the internet.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Fridge
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprtstr1200
That's the ****ing problem! You don't **** about being in a MC, protocol, or respect and what pisses me off about your post is that you didn't even bother to try to learn any of it! You still don't want to learn, you're just looking for a ****ing work around!

You damn start up MC's **** me the **** off! And take the other clubs name out of your post! Another thing you obviously haven't learned, quit putting other clubs business on the ****ing internet!

I swear it just pisses me off that anyone with 2 friends that ride together has to start a ****ing club because they think it'll make them cool.

Too afraid to go join an established MC because you don't have what it takes to make through prospecting or you just too ****ing lazy! WTF?
Ha ha ha haa

I usually avoid MC threads like the plague but that made me laugh, just say what you feel.

(I wholeheartedly agree btw)

Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by TorturedZen
Our club is made up of 80% military vets. We have 2 piece cuts with state rockers which has caught the attention of the dominant club here. I understand, in their eyes, that is disrespectful as it allegedly claims territory...although we really don't. We are starting to feel some pressure from them to replace the rocker, but I'm hearing that there is a certain specific VETERANs patch that dominant clubs will recognize and, in turn, allow the state rockers to remain.

Is this true and if so, what does this VET patch look like? Or is this BS?
And just to be honest...we did not get their approval before the club was started up. Mainly because we simply weren't aware of such a protocol.

Thanks in advance...

When you spoke to the other Vet clubs in your area what did they say? Not sure I, or others here, understand what you are asking. Local advice from nearby veteran's clubs will be more accurate for your area.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 PM
TorturedZen
Advanced

Ok ok..I removed the club's name. Obviously I need to bone up on forum as well as MC protocols. It was never my intention to open up a can with this thread but only to get some information. That being said....I already had a meeting coordinated tomorrow, as was suggested here.
Feel free to spank me some more but all I was asking about was if there is any validity to a certain type of vet patch being recognized.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM
mwswarrior
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boats: Other option would be to find an existing Vets MC or MA. There are several that have already been well established. No need to reinvent the wheel. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in going that route. I'm not too far away and can put you in touch with some fellow vets that ride with two local orgs. From a "once upon a time" 1st LT.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:26 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

Ok ok..I removed the club's name. Obviously I need to bone up on forum as well as MC protocols. It was never my intention to open up a can with this thread but only to get some information. That being said....I already had a meeting coordinated tomorrow, as was suggested here.
Feel free to spank me some more but all I was asking about was if there is any validity to a certain type of vet patch being recognized.
My VMC has a chapter in IL. My Brothers followed protocol when setting their chapter up some years ago. Far as I know, from doing the MC thing in more than a few states, is this: There is no particular vet patch that is recognized. And even if there was, what gets recognized in your specific area of IL might not be recognized in the next town or county, let alone all over your own state, and especially in different parts of the country.

I hope your meeting goes well, but I'd imagine there will be some mud-checking going on because of the circumstances. And if you're told to stand down, please take the advice and do so. Otherwise, you'll be showing disrespect to existing VMCs as well as causing them problems. If you get directed to look at an existing VMC, please do your research. There are several that aren't what they seem to be, and seem to be at odds with other VMCs, and with most of the dominants.

Have you been here?: http://www.rcvsmc.net/
It's got plenty of good info, but remember it is a guide, and isn't the end-all, be-all bible of "How-To MC".

My first MC (mid 1970s) was in your area - Grayslake, Mundelein, Fox Lake, Waukegan, North Chicago, Woodstock. We had a lotta fun, but I was sorta persona non-grata north of the border.

Last edited by pococj; 06-15-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: cuz i allus wuntid two bee and edditer
Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Sprtstr1200
Road Captain

Hahaha..Lighten the hell up dude! I'm asking questions for a reason. What I DIDN'T ask for is someones narrow-minded opinion. And where do you get off talking to people like that? You don't know me or anything about me.
Go preach your 'real MC' crap in someone elses thread!

And as an after-thought...It appears you are former USMC. We both served and have a common ground. Please don't treat me like I'm some boot fresh out of Basic. I'm not your enemy!
Yep, I'm a vet, but that doesn't have anything to do with how I feel about people that want to pretend to be patch holders because they ride with some friends.

What pisses me off the most is that everyone wants to start an MC instead of joining an existing one and then they get all butt hurt when they find out there's a process and protocol and actual work that goes into setting up an MC and even more work to make it last and get quality members and write by laws that'll set a firm foundation for a true brotherhood. GO JOIN AN EXISTING MC! If you can't get make the cut, there's probably a reason.

I can't ****ing wait for SOA and Devils' ride and Outlaw Empires and every other show that inspires posers, to be cancelled so all the ****ing wannabe's can pick something else to mimic.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:38 PM
tripn88
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why cant people start an MC. Maybe all the clubs out there dont reflect what he wants for his club. People need to remember, you CANT please everyone. I actually enjoy watching people "try" to be cool. I need entertainment somehow. People also need to man the **** up and take responsibility for their own actions. You gotta pay to play. From wearing a cut, to putting something illegal on your bike. Someone is always out there watching. It could be MCs or LEOs, you show respect youll get respect. Im not saying its ok for you to run a state rocker, but the way you started was wrong. Take Texas for instance, the major MC down there doesnt let anyone run a Texas patch LEOs included. (Im sure there are some special cases.)

Old 06-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tripn88
Take Texas for instance, the major MC down there doesnt let anyone run a Texas patch LEOs included. (Im sure there are some special cases.)
There must be quite a few special cases, because I googled "LE/MC Texas" and got more than 3 million results, including lots of photos of LE/MC colors that include Texas rockers.

I don't believe any "major MCs" would ever try to prevent a legitimate cop club from wearing a territory patch. Primarily because they wouldn't want to draw that much heat & attention on them, and also because they realize that they are not claiming a territory in the traditional MC sense.

Quick Reply: Veteran patch??