General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street light signal changer for motorcycle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:11 AM
cajunrph
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: Street light signal changer for motorcycle?

Like Speedkingnick has said, it is not the metal that trips the light, it is the magnetic field that the magnet produces that induces the current into the wire to trip the light. If it doesn't trip a light then that light is not triped in this fasion. It is science not snake oil, and it dose work. The side stand tip seems dangerious to me. What if someone comes up behind you while the side stand is down?[X(]

Old 01-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Guys I'll tell you what I did yesterday.. I took an old factory speaker that out of my daughter's RAV4 (She upgraded her stereo)and I went to the left turn light near my house that always gives me trouble.

So I pressed the walk button and went to the median and stood there and watched traffic pass by. The signal was functioning properly. At the first opportunity (no cars making a left) I set the speaker on the asphalt. I got the signalNot only did I get the signal but it stayed on for a long time as I left it out there.

Next test, I set it again, arrow on, I picked up the speaker, the light turned yellow then red.

I'm convinced!!

Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gamma742

Guys I'll tell you what I did yesterday.. I took an old factory speaker that out of my daughter's RAV4 (She upgraded her stereo)and I went to the left turn light near my house that always gives me trouble.

So I pressed the walk button and went to the median and stood there and watched traffic pass by. The signal was functioning properly. At the first opportunity (no cars making a left) I set the speaker on the asphalt. I got the signalNot only did I get the signal but it stayed on for a long time as I left it out there.

Next test, I set it again, arrow on, I picked up the speaker, the light turned yellow then red.

I'm convinced!!
I'm thinking about riding around with a pocket full of magnets... drop 'em now and then just to see traffic get snarled up.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:56 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks guys. You talked me into another 20 buck purchase. But actually, one of the cheapest things I bought for the Deuce.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:33 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: cajunrph
The side stand tip seems dangerious to me. What if someone comes up behind you while the side stand is down?[X(]
???
I guess the same thing that happens if someone comes up behind you and the sidestand ISN'T down.

Old 01-16-2007, 05:58 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got my Signal Sorcerer G-4 in and installed it today. I will wait until Sunday morning to test it on the 2 lights that didn't change, because they didn't detectmy bike. They are very busy intersections, so I don't want to have to run the lights again if this gizmo doesn't work. The odds are also kind of slim that I would be the first at the light during the week, hopefully on Sun. morning the traffic will be way down and I will be able to test this setup a few times and report back.
Tom

Old 01-16-2007, 08:41 PM
gbagwell
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the SS-1 online and got it in 2 or 3 days later. It works for the lights in my area that didn't trip before. Good enough for me.
If you put the side stand down and some psycho comes flying up behind you, you willprobably not be able to accelerate out of his way as quickly to avoid getting rear-ended.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Edmo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I approach a stoplight I look for the big box in the pavement and line upmy bikeover one side or the other. When I stop my scoot, it is with the front tire on the far corner andthe bike over the seam in the pavement.

Using this technique I have had no problems and itworks for me every time...

Edmo