General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD steps up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 11:52 AM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD steps up!!!

Hey all not sure if u saw my rant on getting pawned off on an indy to fix my bike while on a rode trip. Anyway after getting home and speaking to a few people i called the Moco to let them know what happened. Well, its like i opened a can of worms, lady i spoke with in customer service was pissed, she tells me she will pass me along to the Canadian rep because i live here. So Canadian CS lady calls, equally pissed off that i was treated that way. She tells me their gonna fix me up. So they are having me drop the bike off at the local dealer and they have been instructed to go thru every part that was removed to check for proper installation and torque fix any issues and do it all for free!!! Now i'm impressed thats what i call steppin up huge! Ladies both told me they rely heavily on helping stranded riders and there is no excuse for what happened to me. So i gotta say, Thanks to HD Canada/USA for doing the right thing. Teflon

Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

I'm glad HD came through. I'm not sure what you're referring to. Maybe you could add a link to the thread?

Old 06-09-2012, 03:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,378 Likes on 2,547 Posts
Old 06-09-2012, 04:07 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 246 Likes on 109 Posts

HD is a big company, but maned by everyday folks just like us. I was a customer service rep for a long time, after listening to the complaint, I would do some investigating, then place myself in the customers shoes. If I did not like what I saw then I took care of the customer.
We sometimes get upset with large companies, but you gotta remember there are a lot of folks out there that are trying really hard to cheat them, so all companies have to keep their guard up.
Glad it worked out for you, spreading the good word will far out weigh the cost to take care of your issue. Thanks for letting us know how it ended.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:58 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,084 Likes on 17,944 Posts

Shame a man's gotta throw a bitch fit to get things done isn't it . Sad state of affairs with customer service today .

Old 06-09-2012, 06:03 PM
OldIron61
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"but maned by everyday folks just like us."
Was in my local dealer last week and one of the DM's was visiting. Told him how happy I was w/the Dealer and he tell's me he is there to award them a Bronze CS award and picking up their Steak Lunch Ticket.. being the smart azz, I ask where was the Lobster lol

Old 06-09-2012, 07:17 PM
teflon
Road Captain

I was pissed but really didn't have to go off, once the Moco heard the issue they were more pissed than i was!!! I guess i should email the owner at Boswell's myself to chew him out. When in this economy have you ever heard of someone turning down an extra $200 to spend an extra 2 hours max to finish a job???? I hear you Chamoki but really send business away with extra cash??? Not in my store ever! Ralph