General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Chain drives left?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 06:33 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Chain drives left?

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Holy Crap guys. This is a simple thread about chains in the General Harley forum and you guys are going at it like you are in the PROD forum. Grow up. I haven't had to warn a member or lock a thread in this area in a long time. Be considerate of each other. Don't flame each other and no threats or name calling.
“Terry1955”
“Holy Crap guys. This is a simple thread about chains in the General Harley forum and you guys are going at it like you are in the PROD forum. Grow up. I haven't had to warn a member or lock a thread in this area in a long time. Be considerate of each other. Don't flame each other and no threats or name calling.”

Terry, call it like it is, count them up, what we have here is someone one who thinks their on aol.com forum, and no doubt has a lack or no respect, I gave him a chance to end it, he didn’t

cj

Old 01-12-2007, 06:59 PM
JAMES2
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! Getting back to the original post, Belts are for holding up your pantz, chains belong on wallets and motorcycles. O-ring chains are for motorcycles and last alot longer than some of you newbies will!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17396/671F448527224517B468B126AA9B596E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-12-2007, 07:38 PM
dynrdave
Road Master

Well look who started it again tonight, why don t you put your panty hose onand go sit in the dark and relax and stay off my case ?

Old 01-12-2007, 07:48 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dynrdave

Well look who started it again tonight, why don t you put your panty hose onand go sit in the dark and relax and stay off my case ?
You never learn do ya, even adding that town on your profile

Ok, a little rush to judgement on my part

Old 01-12-2007, 07:52 PM
dynrdave
Road Master

boooooo hooooooooo

Old 01-12-2007, 08:45 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I wonder if they use a chain when they lock threads up, because I predict we are about to find out.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 PM
JAMES2
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

I wonder if they use a chain when they lock threads up, because I predict we are about to find out.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] [sm=admin.gif]

Old 01-14-2007, 02:48 AM
dsb
4th Gear

You should get up to 20k as long as you keep it adjusted right,and dont pull to many hole shots,biggest problem is people make them to tight and then they wear faster,if it is a swing arm bike make sure you are sitting on the bike when you adjust it should have a bout a half inch of play on the lose side of the chain

Old 01-14-2007, 05:40 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: dsb

You should get up to 20k as long as you keep it adjusted right,and dont pull to many hole shots,biggest problem is people make them to tight and then they wear faster,if it is a swing arm bike make sure you are sitting on the bike when you adjust it should have a bout a half inch of play on the lose side of the chain
I've put 2 Tsubaki 530 HSL-NP chains on my Ironhead. The first one lasted about 10k before it was stretched beyond service. The second one now has 14k on it and is way shot. I'd used them at the recommendation of an indy buddy. I did a little searching this week on them. They are rated for only 650 cc bikes....Go figure an Ironheads torque is harder on a chain than a sportbikes, h.p.......At 110 bucks a pop, I'm done with them. I did some shopping and found a Western Powersport nickel plated chain for 26 bucks. I ordered on this morning and am going to see how well it holds up.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

When I bought my 91 Sportster it came with a $hit chain. The first service I replaced it with an O ring one. I have to tell you flat out chains suck! I always had to adjust it and clean the grease off of everything. Within 6 months I bought the belt drive conversion kit and took the bike apart and put it on myself. Best thing I ever did to that sporty. My brother owns it now and after 15 years it finally dry rotted and broke on him a few months ago.

Quick Reply: Any Chain drives left?