General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticketed for non DOT helmet...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ticketed for non DOT helmet...

Man we got some real know-it-alls in here. The guy just wants to vent, and all he gets is critcism. Helmet laws suck. Period. Not that helmets wont protect your head, but if I am going to wear one, I should have that choice. One of the MANY reasons that I have little use for MOST po-po's. The greatest percentage of them just need to get a life. There are REAL criminals out there, but it requires backing off the donut stand to catch them. Yeah, you can ride around in your cruiser and suck down coffee and crullers and still write tickets for senseless bull$hit.

I am a biker, I have insurance, I should have the choice!

Party on Anubisss.....***** the police!

nogood o~`o

Old 01-09-2007, 09:29 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I never thought I'd see the day. Pulled over by a motorcycle cop on a Harley and cited for a non dot helmet. Yes it is my fault for wearing a novelty helmet. I now have joined the side of those who say WTF. I always used to wear a full face helmet, but acquired a non dot "novelty" helmet recently from a memeber on the site. So I was on my way to court to get my probation dismissed, and lo and be hold I get pulled over doing 30 in a 35. The officer motions to my wifes helmet (fullface) and says that he sees that it is important to her to protect her head. He is wearing a 3/4 helmet. LOL. Anyway, he proceeds to write me up for this offense. Does anyone know if it is a moving violation? I know it is not a fix a ticket. One thing is for sure...If there is a bullshit ticket, I have gotten it recently...First loud pipes, and now this. I now vote for no helmet law. I used to think it was a good law, but I don't want someone else deciding what I have to do on my bike in a "free" country...Vent over...
I didnt even try readin all 50 posts... yes these are moving violations, but is there a law that says your helmet has to be marked DOT? If not, is he an expert? Did he test the helmet? Speeding is speeding... did he calibrate the radar... probably.... pipes... did he havea db meter? or is his ears calibrated... sounds like you got a dick cop running around... i hope this helped... like i said, i didnt read all the other posts... [:-]

Old 01-09-2007, 09:35 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh, I love how this post has become a three ring circus. No one can keep from this site. i won't leave, it just really gets me all the assumptions people automatically make. Someone once taught me that to assume is to make an *** out of u and me...Get it? Oh, I guess your a little slow. Anyway, i am quite excited about fighting this now. I ride a bike, I have insurance, I pay taxes...I do my part. I appreciate those that have defended me, and it is always interesting to hear others opinions as well. To all you folks out there, have a great evening...

Old 01-09-2007, 09:46 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

OK, this thread is pissing me off. Anubisss is part of our family here. He had a bad day and he came to us to vent. He's been called an ******* and basically told he was an idiot. Some of the complaints I've had from members who have left the forum is that they posted something and got flamed and treated as if they were idiots.

Like I said earlier, I'm a retired LEO (Sergeant 25 years). My wife is also a Sergeant at the same department. There isn't an LEO on this board that hasn't been pulled over for speeding and let go because of "professional courtesy." There isn't anything wrong with that. That's the way it is. If it were a problem then why don't I get the same discount at McDonald's as the employees do. Why is it that if I work for the State of Illinois my kids get 50% off their tuition at a state college and the regular hard working citizen doesn't? Don't get down on Anubiss for breaking the law when we've all done it. I don't wear a helmet. I have loud pipes and a blue dot taillight. I'm sure that my flashing Kuryakyn Panacea Deluxe LED lights are illegal too.

Give the guy a break for crying out loud. Can we be a little more sensitive here?
Well said...

What gets me is the Anti-Cop current that is flowing in this thread.

Put on a badge and put up with people like you all day... Then come back and tell us how much of an A-Hole they are. I have a lot of respect for the job and how hard it can be on the people that do it.

Just like anything else there are a-holes in the job (not saying this cop was). Anubisss apparently just has a black cloud over his head and this cop happened to see it.

And Terry... I hate to say this, but... It drives me insane when cops get out of breaking the law because they are cops. My brother does that all the time. Gets pulled, whips out his badge, and the problem goes away. He was still commiting that moving violation and should be subject to the same laws we are. If anything I think cops should be doing it cleaner and better than we are. I know that is not realistic... but at the same time they should be held to the same standard of law that they are enforcing.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 PM
The Punisher
Banned

Lazy D!ckhead cops, ***** the police. Those are some real nice comments about someone doing the job they were hired to do. I already told Anubisss that I thought it was chump that he got a ticket for his helmet and that I would never and have never written one in my career. But to hear these comments coming from some of the members here is complete BS!! Don't act like you have never needed the police, or never will. Sometime in your life your gonna be the victim of a crime, or someone in a cage is gonna run you over on your bike and then are you gonna say ***** the police or lazy d!ckhead cop. No your gonna be just like everbody else your gonna pick up the phone and call 911, and some lazy d!ckhead cop is gonna come out and handle your complaint. I don't really appreciate the way your generalizing LEO's in this thread, as far as I know the LEO's that are members have been here to give advice to everyone here who has asked for it and have never turned anbody away.

SO HAVE A NICE DAY!!!! FROM YOUR LOCAL LAZY D!CKHEAD COP!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 PM
hangnman
Tourer

Just last week an illegal killed a woman in a hit and run..he was pulled over 5 times previously (that was documented) and let go each time with no insurance or license...guess they are more interested in protecting meat packers than enforceing the law!![quote]ORIGINAL: monkyman

[quote]ORIGINAL: hangnman

I agree but here in Omaha illegals drive all over place and they dont bother them...no insurance..no license...but go after someone not wearing DOT WTF

Man your LEO's aren't doing there job, better hope none of these people hits you.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:01 PM
99flstf
Cruiser

Where do you live? Picky damn cops! I wear a novelty helmet also. You would think there would be a murderer or crack dealer he could be chasing down instead of harrassing afellow biker!

Old 01-09-2007, 10:01 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok guys, enuf of the bashing...Can't we all be friends?[8D]

Old 01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

I wasn't trying to be a smart ***, sorry if it was taking that way... Like you I receive almost the same bennies...they're earned... And yes I caught a break
or two.. but, paid for one way or another as I'm sure you did too....and ANUBISSS... is family here... I'm Done... Later Skee

Old 01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

As a former LEO, lets get real... THERE ARE cops who are dick heads... [&:]

Quick Reply: Ticketed for non DOT helmet...