General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD credit a bunch of Idiots

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007 | 06:24 PM
Winberry Farms
Tourer
Default RE: HD credit a bunch of Idiots

ORIGINAL: THEBIGPUNN

two problems i had. first when i applied they didnt believe i was me! some kind of a fraud problem. sothey denied me the loan and i had to go through a bunch of hoops to convince them i was me! the second problem i had waswith the first payment. they never sent a statement! of course i was too busy ridin to realize this. about a week later they called and told me they were recording the conversation and wanted to know if i sent the payment. speaking with their service people was like pulling teeth at times but now things have been smooth.

bradvols, i wouldnt of argued with them over the one payment. in order to keep your credit clean, i would of sent the extra payment and then sent cancelled checks to prove them wrong. they would of eventually credited your account. to me credit is like gold. you never know when you'll need or want something else and need a banks help.
Same deal here, when I first bought my bike they did not send me a payment stub either. I called them and they told me to write it my account number on a piece of paper and send in my payment. I did and have not had any problems since.

Old 01-09-2007 | 07:45 PM
siramazing
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sctusa

ORIGINAL: bradvols

After being called about 6 times about a payment that I knew I made, and that they found in the computer last month, I get a nasty letter from them today about same thing only this time they can't find it in the computer when I call, so now I have to fax over a copy of MY bank statement showing where said payment came out. I think after all the hassle HD owes me a little something was on the verge today of telling them to come get the damn bank if this is the way they do buisness. Sorry had to vent...
I pay them online through my bank automatically, so if any question they have to deal with the bank.
Yo!! What he said!!

Old 01-09-2007 | 07:47 PM
LookMaNoHands
Tourer

ORIGINAL: went_postal
Then they started calling every night and REFUSED to tell my wife what the call was about. They did not even tell her it was Harley Credit. So finally one night I was home to take the call and I explained that I called and told them about all of this and they should have the payment by now... They did... and they were still being pissy.
Maybe annoying, but they did the right thing. Even though most of the FDCPA* doesn't apply to original creditors, giving out financial information to someone not on the loan will get a company sued.

*http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fdcpa/fdcpact.htm

Old 01-09-2007 | 07:55 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

I agree with that. As far as I understand, they can't even insinuate thatthey have a creditissue with youand they are trying to collect to anyone. Pretty sticky situation when you're trying to contact someone.

Old 01-09-2007 | 11:52 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

Sometimes companies (like in the car industry) will offer a better rate promo than a local bank...but I prefer to give a check to a local institution and look someone in the eye even if it means a few basis points higher.

ORIGINAL: ozbiker

Fellas, this opinion is probably as useless as **** on a bull for some of you, but why would you finance with the Company when banks will bend over backwards to get you in the saddle?
With the ever increasing interest rates on loans, banks will do whatever it takes, including offering lower rates than finance companies to get your business.
If the Company is willing to finance you , you can be damn sure a bank will also.

Old 01-10-2007 | 12:22 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

Currently Harley is running a 5.99% rate on new bike purchase...local bank is 2% higher..

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...p;locale=en_US

Old 01-10-2007 | 06:36 PM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

Rate is 5.99% to 14.19% !!!
Only good until January 31 - probably will be extended. Can you ride your bike during this time or is it in a garage until spring? Insurance costs?
Best rate is for well qualified applicants - sounds like a bait and switch deal - gives dealer the opportunity to bump the rate and earn financeincome.Should cost you nothing to get an approval and confirmed rate from HD. What are the other conditons. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Pays to shop always!

Old 01-10-2007 | 09:29 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

Equal Credit Opportunity Act
The Equal Credit Opportunity Act requires that individual creditors apply credit standards in a fair manner, so that all consumers are given an equal chance to obtain credit. It does not require all creditors to have the same standards, nor does it guarantee approval of loan applications.

In reviewing your credit application, lenders cannot discriminate on the basis of sex, marital status, race, religion, national origin, age, income from assistance programs, or if you exercise your rights under the Consumer Protection Act. The only acceptable criteria are your ability and intent to repay funds borrowed

Most people are aware of their credit history good or bad, but I agree, it pays to look

is
ORIGINAL: johnny canuck

Only good until January 31 - probably will be extended. Can you ride your bike during this time or is it in a garage until spring? Insurance costs?
Best rate is for well qualified applicants - sounds like a bait and switch deal - gives dealer the opportunity to bump the rate and earn financeincome.Should cost you nothing to get an approval and confirmed rate from HD. What are the other conditons. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Pays to shop always!

Old 01-10-2007 | 09:43 PM
Newhog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: johnny canuck

Often times than not if you read the fine print withtthese promotional ratesyou will also see if you do make a payment late they then charge you the higher interest rate from the onset of the loan to the end.

Old 01-10-2007 | 10:40 PM
Milt
Banned

[IMG]local://upfiles/21121/4F535E9CC74F457B8808B322572C0DA6.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: HD credit a bunch of Idiots