General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD credit a bunch of Idiots

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007 | 07:35 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Default RE: HD credit a bunch of Idiots

Thanks for the heads up on this. I had no idea they were e-ffed up.

I used HD Credit, for the Sportster as they were having a 3% APR deal. I have paid them bi-weekly, the full monthly amount, without a problem. The bike will be paid off about 18 months early. Hopefully their records will match mine.

Old 01-09-2007 | 10:35 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned

yall also keep this in mind....they are in the money business...they DO NOT want your bike...its only a "vehicle" to get the THA MONEY ...if they get all pissy with ya....tell em quick and forceful "I'LL PUSH IT OUT IN THE STREET, COME GET IT" ....gaurantee they'll change that attitude...cause the collectors job is to "collect" and save the loan...because, theyre in the money business

Old 01-09-2007 | 12:00 PM
06TEXASCLASSIC
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HD Jake

Last time someone told me they were 30 days late, I ended up selling my Old Sporty for a SUV... LOL
Now thats funny.

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:05 PM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

Talk to your credit union and see if they will payout HD Credit. Compare the rates and find out if HD has a prepayment penalty. Might be worth checking. Get the name of the collector at HD for future refernce. Maybe they got major staff turn over. This would be an entry level postion. You are 30 days if you are TWO payments late - I started my first job out of university with Ford credit 33 years ago.

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:25 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ozbiker

Fellas, this opinion is probably as useless as **** on a bull for some of you, but why would you finance with the Company when banks will bend over backwards to get you in the saddle?
With the ever increasing interest rates on loans, banks will do whatever it takes, including offering lower rates than finance companies to get your business.
If the Company is willing to finance you , you can be damn sure a bank will also.

That maybe true where you live but here in the U.S.A. Harley
Davidson will give a loan to anyone wanting a Harley regardless
if they can make the payments or not!

Example: My wife has a lady that works for her (part time) and
her husband only works every month or two for a week or so
just to get enough money to ride his 30 year old Yamaha that
is held together with duct tape and bailing wire. This guy went
into our local Harley dealer and they would give him the HD
he wanted at $495.00 a month with no down payment!

His wife said if he did it she would cut his ***** off in his sleep,so
he is still riding the 30 year Yamaha.

Things are a little different over here, because a bank would not
even give this guy the time it would take to fill out an application
never mind talk to him ever about a loan for anything!

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:32 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member

Paid cash - no payments.

Dan

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:56 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

This happens all the time and can happen with any lending institution. Thanks to electronic banking. There are many reasons for glitches. Most often human error, but anything electronic will have 'glitches'.

Much depends on how it's handled. This should have been delt with on the 1st phone call ...5 subsequentcalls is just stupid! With the information on your bank statement, you could provide them with a date of the transfer (if it was an automatic withdrawl), the transaction number and the amount. That's all they need to search the transaction on their bank statement. If the transfer was not made, then it should be referred to your bank and they would look into it to confirm that the transaction was completed properly.

Problem is, in a larger company, the smuck who actually places the calls due to non-payment (or so they think) is not the same person that controls the money or their banking information...so information is supposedly forwarded to the right department and again, thanks to human error, it is not. In your case (and 6 calls later), who knows why they couldn't find it....It was obviously there...they just didn't take the time to find it....when this all began.

Old 01-09-2007 | 02:21 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I had an issue where I KNEW I was going to be late with my payment... So I called and warned them.

Then they started calling every night and REFUSED to tell my wife what the call was about. They did not even tell her it was Harley Credit. So finally one night I was home to take the call and I explained that I called and told them about all of this and they should have the payment by now... They did... and they were still being pissy.

Had they sent the invoice to me on time none of this would have happened.

I paid the bike off three weeks later and they are no longer a problem.

Old 01-09-2007 | 04:11 PM
bradvols
|
Cruiser

Update Sp today I fax in my bank statement lady calls me back a while later saying she received it and has now sent it down to accounting for research, this after of course they called me AGAIN this morning about the payment. So I just had to ask her it my nicest voice why the f___ could you not got to accounting the first 6 times you called me?

Old 01-09-2007 | 04:34 PM
dmlong
Tourer

People always give me a bad time about my not having a bank account or credit cards etc..... It often takes me a long time to save for what I want to buy but not having to deal with creditors is well worth it!

Quick Reply: HD credit a bunch of Idiots