General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD credit a bunch of Idiots

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007 | 09:52 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: HD credit a bunch of Idiots

Easy to do..request a copy of the check from your bank. It should be there the next business day. It will have a copy of both the front and back. The back will show HD Credit the account number in which it was credited too. This could be the error..and would show the day you made the payment

If I were you, I would then have the bank employee show you how to use the banks online bill pay.....you will never have this problem again and if you do, you can resolve it the very same business day

A copy of your statement proves nothing..it only shows the activity of your account...deposits and withdraws. You need to provide to them the actual copy of the check

Old 01-08-2007 | 09:56 PM
Danester
Road Master

They were good to me - two years of crash payments..but still no "free bike gift" in the mail!!!! [:@]

Old 01-08-2007 | 10:52 PM
bradvols
|
Cruiser

yep they are carrying me 30 days late, can't figure it out though ever time they called about it last month (about 6 times) they were able to find it in the computer, today the couldn't, digging around to see if I can find the confirmation email, calling the bank in the am to see what they can give me on the transaction all the lady said to send was copy of bank statement but going to try to get the time, etc. it was sent, it damn sure came out of my account though. Ohhhhh I am just a broke *** soldier wish I had the cash to lay 15g on a new bike if I deploy again this one will be paid off and I will never mess with HD credit again.

Old 01-08-2007 | 10:57 PM
BLAZE
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: HD Jake

Last time someone told me they were 30 days late, I ended up selling my Old Sporty for a SUV... LOL
i know its off topic but LMAO

been there too mate .......

Old 01-08-2007 | 11:07 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

if you financed it before your active duty you cannot be repo'd bc of the soldiers/sailors relief act ... repossessin a harley is not your garden variety repo..they aint never in the driveway...they aint never out unless the owner is on it...maybe you could follow em and rip it at a restraunt...most of the time you gotta ask and have the owner give it to you ...so most of the time you get a hearty ***** you for your trouble and to top that off the pissy collector goes off on you cause you aint got possession of the bike....then if the debtor DOES give it to you, they put stupidass stipulations like "its gotta be trailor'd or i know how many miles it has on it" just to make it harder to do the job....sorry, not the work i want

ORIGINAL: bradvols

yep they are carrying me 30 days late, can't figure it out though ever time they called about it last month (about 6 times) they were able to find it in the computer, today the couldn't, digging around to see if I can find the confirmation email, calling the bank in the am to see what they can give me on the transaction all the lady said to send was copy of bank statement but going to try to get the time, etc. it was sent, it damn sure came out of my account though. Ohhhhh I am just a broke *** soldier wish I had the cash to lay 15g on a new bike if I deploy again this one will be paid off and I will never mess with HD credit again.

Old 01-08-2007 | 11:38 PM
bankerron
Cruiser

Don't finance with them and use your local lender.That was a plug.

Old 01-08-2007 | 11:42 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

local banks are our favorite clients....one of the best moves you can make is to have a banker as your friend and do business with that bank your whole life...i aint talkin BankOne either

ORIGINAL: bankerron

Don't finance with them and use your local lender.That was a plug.

Old 01-09-2007 | 12:05 AM
bradvols
|
Cruiser

yeah kick in the ***** for me for not using my credit union..

Old 01-09-2007 | 06:24 AM
THEBIGPUNN
Cruiser

two problems i had. first when i applied they didnt believe i was me! some kind of a fraud problem. sothey denied me the loan and i had to go through a bunch of hoops to convince them i was me! the second problem i had waswith the first payment. they never sent a statement! of course i was too busy ridin to realize this. about a week later they called and told me they were recording the conversation and wanted to know if i sent the payment. speaking with their service people was like pulling teeth at times but now things have been smooth.

bradvols, i wouldnt of argued with them over the one payment. in order to keep your credit clean, i would of sent the extra payment and then sent cancelled checks to prove them wrong. they would of eventually credited your account. to me credit is like gold. you never know when you'll need or want something else and need a banks help.

Old 01-09-2007 | 06:59 AM
ozbiker
Novice

Fellas, this opinion is probably as useless as **** on a bull for some of you, but why would you finance with the Company when banks will bend over backwards to get you in the saddle?
With the ever increasing interest rates on loans, banks will do whatever it takes, including offering lower rates than finance companies to get your business.
If the Company is willing to finance you , you can be damn sure a bank will also.

Quick Reply: HD credit a bunch of Idiots