General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible experience buying from demons cycle

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 05:33 PM
harlot
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Horrible experience buying from demons cycle

Just thought I'd share my poor experience dealing with demons cycle. Some of you might know them from ebay, being the shop with the hot chicks filling most of the product photos.

I ordered el diablo handlebars from then a few weeks ago for my sportster. Called up Pete through the phone number given on their website to confirm the fitment on my bike since I knew that my 2005 Custom had problems with chubby bars not fitting the XLC riser properly.

I explained the worry I had to him and was quickly cut off and told "if your sportster doesn't fit, it will be the first of hundreds I have fit on. I've put these bars on fatboys, sportsters and I guarantee they will fit'".

So hearing that I placed an order for the bars that costed $179.99.

They arrived in 8 days (florida to calif) in a box with no protection except for two zip ties that hooked the bars to the bottom of the box.

Cut the story short the bars did not fit because of the 1" indent from the 1.14" inch thickness of the bars. I wrote and demons cycle through ebay to explain the situation and seek a refund.

After a ton of emails back and forth between five different departments, one including a person I believe to either be a manager or the owner, I was offered a mere store credit (minus 19% restocking fee) and I had to pay my own shipping back to them. An offer which would have meant I'd be short almost $70 for buying bars from a company that guaranteed the fitment even after I had raised my previous problems with similar bars to them.

Finally, I sent the complaint up to ebay's resolution center and was just rewarded a full refund with return shipping today. I'm happy but thought it'd be good to share my experience for forumers to use as caveats when buying from them.

I think they have good prices on products by the price of that is poor and rude service, and possibly getting stuck with a product that may not have been as described.

Anyway I ended up with drag specialities bars and now will be getting on to putting them on

Old 05-31-2012, 05:37 PM
64FL
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I have looked at items by them on ebay. It's good to know that ebay stood by the buyers protection as well.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM
harlot
Road Captain

yea they were pretty good. took 3 days to resolve and they pretty much said demons cycle was at fault based on all the emails we had exchanged. It's all recorded in the ebay system.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:42 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

demons cycles has a LONG history of very un happy customers and EXtremely poor service, if you do a search just on here alone you will see dozens of threads on it. glad you got it resolved but it sucks that it happened in the first place

Old 05-31-2012, 06:01 PM
harlot
Road Captain

glad to hear that and finally know it wasnt just me being difficult.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

I would never buy from them based solely on their reviews here on the forum!

Old 05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragtop
I would never buy from them based solely on their reviews here on the forum!
no doubt, i was gonna buy a complete roller from them last summer, after reading all the problems the savings aint worth the hassle

Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 659 Likes on 345 Posts

Ya i always click on there adds just to look at the chicks!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Moops
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rule of thumb when purchasing on Ebay is always check the seller's profile before placing a bid. Businesses can't please everyone; however, multiple negative feedbacks are red flags in my book, especially if there are several in a month. Charging restocking fees is also a red flag. That tells me the seller doesn't stand by the product. At least you were able to get your money back.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

Yeah, Demons and KC International pretty much pioneered the Chinese garbage parts express. Those two have suckered more people (me included) into installing their crappy parts on our bikes for years. After repeated a$$ burns I finally learned never to go near their junk again. After beating KC in an ebay transaction, they got so upset they blocked my account. Which is more than comical as I wouldn't give them a red cent anyways.

Quick Reply: Horrible experience buying from demons cycle