General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst Injury You've Received By Flying Object

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

The worst injury I have received by a flying object???

A broken nose and 12 stitches to the back of my head.
It was a fist.
I thought I had fair shot before the fight began

Yes, a helmet would have helped,,, a full face helmet...

Old 05-31-2012, 07:17 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 466 Likes on 192 Posts

Had a bee (I think) sting me in the corner of the eye a couple weeks ago. It made it past the windshield and I don't know how it got by the glasses. My face swelled from my nose to my ear for 3 days. My eye was swelled completely shut for 2 days.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
rockabillygrl
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Had some damn juvenile deliquents throw some lit firecrackers out the window at me as I rode past. No damage, but I pissed my pants a little.

Took a bird to the knee once. Bees, and big june bugs hurt. Dodged a couple of rocks that took a chunk out of my helmet. Glad it wasn't my face.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:31 PM
zeus33
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I pulled out on the freeway one day driving my pickup. Sped up to highway speed then had this thought hit my mind that I had a huge chunk of flat cardboard laying in the bed of the truck. Just at that moment I saw it float straight up in the air, twirl around, flip, spin in the wind then turn horizontal and fly straight at the biker following me. right about neck high. He ducked way down, the cardboard sliced over his head, didn't hit him. I thought, ****, I'm dead. I pulled over thinking he's going to kill me. He didn't stop, just kept on going. Lucky, for both of us.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,032 Likes on 772 Posts

I've been hit in the neck with a little bird, various small hard objects and bugs. The worst, luckily, was getting stung on the nipple. Not really much compared to a member here who got hit on the leg with a sledgehammer, think it was in the last year. It was real bad.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Macs2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worst I have been hit with is rocks and a bee. One of my buddies got part of his face ripped open and up by a golf ball. Some how he managed to keep it upright and stopped. He got the kick stand down and fell off the bike.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Hogwallop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A truck in front of me kicked up a piece of thin plexiglass (drop ceiling light panel) laying on the road. It flew through the air and as it came down, it hit the handlebars and headlight. It then shattered and pieces of it hit me. I didn't have the windshield on that day but did ride with my full face helmet. I automatically raised my arm to protect my head, but large pieces cut my arm and neck. I usually ride with a half helmet but glad I had the full face on that day. I lucked out with minimal injuries and avoided facial cuts. Today I always ride with the windshield on.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:13 PM
mikepett
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some interesting stories! Looks like I have a lot to look forward to. I've been very lucky so far. I don't do near as much long distance riding as a lot of you guys probably do. Most of my riding consists of short trips (10 miles or less) around the outskirts of town with the occasional day trip through the mountains or something, so that probably keeps my odds downs. Didn't really think about the birds. I think having the blood and guts all over me might be worse than the pain. Just the thought of that makes me want to puke.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

The latest: A June Bug with atherosclerosis.

Still brings a tear to the lower area right under my left eye...sumbeech...

Old 05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking BA!

Originally Posted by mikepett
Bahahah! Hell, feel free to include those stories as well. I very nearly had one of those stories to share. About 6 years ago my wife hurled a heavy duty ceramic plate at my head while we were arguing. If it wasn't for my cat-like reflexes I might actually be dead. It's funny, but I think I really could have been killed had it hit me squarely. This plate was heavy s*** – if you saw the dent it left in the wall, you'd know what I mean.

We are still happily married today.
My wife DID hit me with a big ceramic coffee mug.
This was 25 years ago, before we were married, I was drunk (as ****!) and deserved it.
Needless to say, she married me anyway.

It's funny this subject came up.
Last Saturday one of my riding buddies took some kind of a bug UP HIS NOSE.
Many, many years ago another friend caught a bumble bee in his jacket. It stung the **** out of him. He had to pull over to cry for a few minutes. It was hilarious!

GSF

Quick Reply: Worst Injury You've Received By Flying Object