General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Boots on eBay Legit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:46 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,036 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by purpledeuce
Even if they aren't fake, they are crappily made. They won't last more than a year.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. They were not great boots, I wear them for walking around in crappy weather, but never on the bike.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fake knockoff boots of cheap Chinese Harley boots. Is that like an oxymoron?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

WGAS if they are not legit? Most likely made by the same chinese factory that makes the HD boots. Its not like an airplane or a bike with an MSO, who's gonna know?

FWIW, HD stuff is WAAAAY overpriced and not that great

Old 05-31-2012, 01:36 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RPS1981
My wife is looking for Harley-Davidson brand motorcycle boots. She has been telling me about deals she is running across on eBay for new HD boots at anywhere from one half to one fourth of what similar boots are selling for in dealerships.

Right away my "too good to be true" alarm started to go off. Can people other than Harley dealerships sell Harley boots? If they're the real deal, why so cheap?

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LADY-HIGH-TO...item3cc5d619d0

My money is on counterfeit. Your thoughts?
Real Harley boots do go really cheap - you can buy them at various discount shoe stores, like shoe carnival and even farm stores like Rural King, here. Finding them for $50-60 or so is no big deal. Harley boots suck and they discontinue styles alot, so they are floating around everywhere.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:39 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RPS1981
My wife is looking for Harley-Davidson brand motorcycle boots. She has been telling me about deals she is running across on eBay for new HD boots at anywhere from one half to one fourth of what similar boots are selling for in dealerships.

Right away my "too good to be true" alarm started to go off. Can people other than Harley dealerships sell Harley boots? If they're the real deal, why so cheap?

Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LADY-HIGH-TO...item3cc5d619d0

My money is on counterfeit. Your thoughts?
Just went through this with my wife. Here's what we did.

Went to the dealership to look at boots. Found a pair she liked. I wrote the model number and name of the boot down and left the store. They were $108 there.

I went home, got on the computer and typed the model number in a browser. Started clicking on the links and looking at prices. Got through about 6 of these sites and found the exact same pair for $74.91 (that includes the shipping cost). The boots $60-65 (can't remember exactly).

All those links had the same pair but most were asking $89.99. They came in just this last Tues. They came in a Harley box, tag on them(brand spanking new) Nice boots.

She left for LA for the week so she hasn't seen them in person yet. I sent her a text with a picture I took of them. Can't wait for her to get home and try them on. We figured if they didn't fit, we can sell them online for as much or maybe more than we paid.

Suggestion on something we didn't do that I wish we had. If you go to the dealership to pick out a pair, have her try them on to make sure of size in that boot, so you know exactly how their sizing runs. We just went with her shoe size because I didn't have the foresite to have her do this suggestion.

Edit: of course this only applies to looking into current boot styles/models the dealer is selling. Don't know what else to tell ya if you are looking at past models not being sold in the dealerships now.

She now has nicer boots than I do. I have some fairly cheap Fred Meyer(local Oregon/maybe Washington Department store, for those that don't know and are wondering) sold boots.

Last edited by gotnspikes; 05-31-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:41 PM
jwhardin
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good deal, buy them.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife wears a 5 1/2. No stores anywhere sells women's shoes that small. We have to order her's from places off the internet. Usually same price as Academy (sporting goods store that sells Harley boots). I can get mine there but she can't so we have to order them online.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
UncleMort
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear the same boot, same size, so when it's time for new, I search eBay. There are tons. Just read the feedback and decide if they are good sellers. Trust me, if they are fakes, people will post about it.
Looking at that post, I would say it is legit. MANY places sell old models of gear. I just bought a brand new, last year model, Harley rain gear. New at HD=$299...eBay $139.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:51 PM
rebelpride112006
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harley doesnt make their boots anyway. You can buy tem at academy sports here for alot less than the dealership.