General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best helmet money can buy. Shoei? Top of the line without spending to much $

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts
Old 05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
No doubt you have a lot of experience, but you can't self-cite yourself as expert testimony. Were you published anywhere that you can link too?
I can self cite, rubberfrog. I am certified in both criminal and civil courts as an "Expert witness". In my testimony in a court of law I am not required to produce the studies and references used in my accident reconstruction cases. The defense may produce their own studies refuting my testimony, in which case the DA will either have me produce our sources or provide them. We use the the term "proven and accepted collision reconstruction formulas, techniques and references"-meaning proven and accepted in case law. If it's good enough for criminal court, more than good enough in civil court (guilt established by preponderence of the evidence), then it is certainly good enough for an informal discussion on an internet discussion forum. This isn't a college term paper here, and I am not a college professor or graduate student required to publish studies and papers to gain professional recognition. My training and experience are put to use on a daily basis, in one way or another. My bona fides have been well established time and time again in numerous court rooms, often in Homicide by Vehicle cases (my latest on involved a MC crash) which result in significant prison time for the defendant. You don't think I've been challenged by defense attorneys and prevailed before? Well, I have.

Frankly, I don't have the time or the inclination to devote to pulling the relevent studies to refute the posts of people who haven't the background, training or expertise to comment intelligently on this subject, who rely on anecdotal "evidence" to back their assertions. I have several open cases and my "office time" requires me to focus on pending cases, not digging up reference material to rebut posts on an internet forum.

Nothing wrong with a full face helmet. As I stated in an earlier post, it is very appropriate under certain riding conditions. But they come with significant drawbacks. To each their own, and at least OP wears a helmet. I've investigated far too many MC crashes where the rider would have, if not walked away, might have limped away had they been wearing a helmet. It's sad when we deal with those cases.

Personal choice-to wear a helmet or not, what kind to wear. You and everyone else are free to make those choices and live-or die-with the consequences.

Last edited by PghCycle24; 05-30-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
Frankly, I don't have the time or the inclination to devote to pulling the relevent studies to refute the posts of people who haven't the background, training or expertise to comment intelligently on this subject, who rely on anecdotal "evidence" to back their assertions. I have several open cases and my "office time" requires me to focus on pending cases, not digging up reference material to rebut posts on an internet forum.
AKA: I don't have evidence to back up the boasting my e-peen is doing right now.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:58 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Originally Posted by Village Idiot™
AKA: I don't have evidence to back up the boasting my e-peen is doing right now.
Village Idiot, I almost forgot you lurk on this forum. Someone went and left the lid to the toolbox open again. Sigh...

Old 05-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Village Idiot, I almost forgot you lurk on this forum. Someone went and left the lid to the toolbox open again. Sigh...
Lurk? I actively post, especially when people try to pass off their opinions as facts and pretend they're "experts" and then do everything they can to avoid posting up hard facts to back up the garbage spewing from their mouths because they're "too busy", yet their on internet forums doing nothing else the entire time.

90% of cops are douche bags. I'm an expert on the subject so what I say goes.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:40 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lurk? I actively post, especially when people try to pass off their opinions as facts and pretend they're "experts".....

Please explain what makes you an "expert" on cops.
Are you sure it is 90% ?
exactly 90% ? Not 87% or 93% ?
Or did that figure just sound good?
What facts and hard evidence are you using to base this figure on?
Please share.

Or did you just pull that number out of your ***. Because it sure smells like it.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyRanger
Please explain what makes you an "expert" on cops.
Are you sure it is 90% ?
exactly 90% ? Not 87% or 93% ?
Or did that figure just sound good?
What facts and hard evidence are you using to base this figure on?
Please share.

Or did you just pull that number out of your ***. Because it sure smells like it.
You should probably go educate yourself by reading the rest of the thread so that you can stop ranting over a sarcastic post.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Saltwaterwop
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone mentioned having issues getting their glasses on with a full face helmet.

One of the side benefits of the Modular helmets above what has already been stated relates to putting glasses/sunglasses on easier. Put on the helmet, then you can flip up the chin bar which gives you plenty of room to angle, slide or maneuver the glasses/sunglasses along the side of your head, behind your ears and onto your face.
Then you can close the chin bar for that full face protection.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:57 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master

Lurk? I actively post, especially when people try to pass off their opinions as facts and pretend they're "experts" and then do everything they can to avoid posting up hard facts to back up the garbage spewing from their mouths because they're "too busy", yet their on internet forums doing nothing else the entire time.

Yes, I imagine you are an expert in that area, hence your handle on this forum.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

...Personal choice-to wear a helmet or not, what kind to wear. You and everyone else are free to make those choices and live-or die-with the consequences.
BS. We certainly are NOT free to make those choices. It's the law, you know.

Quick Reply: Best helmet money can buy. Shoei? Top of the line without spending to much $