General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach Riders, not real smart!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012 | 04:44 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bagger71
I guess I have never been in an area where there are so many crotch rockets as the dominant bike but on top of that so many that just have no business on a one. I bet I saw more than 50 riding with their feet dang near dragging the ground while riding and making turns, in shorts and a bunch of dumb women riding on the back in bikinis riding down the highway. I can't say I have ever shook my head so many times in one day, lol!
What was just as funny was how many seem to trailer the crotch rockets to the beach just to ride up and down the frontage road in all the traffic.
I didn't want pics of anything I saw on the back of the bikes, lol! As for fashion police I could give a rats @ss what people choose to wear while riding. I usually wear jeans & t-shirt in the summer. Just can't believe how stupid some people are in what they choose to wear while riding or on the back. I just don't want to hear them whine about their missing skin when they take a spill. What was even funnier was the high heels, lol! BTW my wife is much hotter and obviously smarter than anything I saw there on the back of the bikes.

You sir have reached your contradiction limit for the month! lmao

Old 05-29-2012 | 05:21 PM
azblackbird
Tourer

Originally Posted by Midgard
You sir have reached your contradiction limit for the month! lmao
Takes all kinds... doesn't it? I wonder if he even realizes what he said.

Old 05-29-2012 | 05:23 PM
Bagger71
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by mcrider1
You never heard of leather or ballistic cordura? I don't know how roadracers can slide at 150 mph and not recieve any roadrash?
All of which I am sure you wear everyday

And my point was the people wearing shorts & bikinis on a bike. 95% or more on here wear jeans and a t-shirt. If you have to wear all the leather & ballistic cordura you probably shouldn't be riding and don't keep a close enough eye on your surroundings to be able to avoid them. Or you think it makes you look tough would be my guess.

Last edited by Bagger71; 05-29-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-29-2012 | 05:43 PM
Bagger71
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by MotoSoul11
It was you who posted up to bitch about something in your own one-sided ignorant opinion to begin with. The whole "HD riders are better" BS gets a little old after a while. I have a Harley, does it put me in a certain class above anyone else, nope.

You must have been one of the random "My Harley is better than yours" douchebags I've run into since I've owned my Harley. I guess just owning a bike will never be good enough. It always starts with the "You don't own a Harley so I'm better", then it moves to "My Harley is better than yours". Grow up, shut up and ride.
Obviously it is you that is the DOUCHEBAG! I never made any comment about HD riders being better than a Honda, Suzuki or whatever rider, idiot! I have riden for over 30 years and never said a bad word about the crotch rockets, only that was what I mostly saw. I have owned many other & not just HD. The only thing I see out of your post was that you read what you wanted to. You probably drag your feet on the ground like the rest.

Old 05-29-2012 | 05:45 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

And my point was the people wearing shorts & bikinis on a bike. 95% or more on here wear jeans and a t-shirt. If you have to wear all the leather & ballistic cordura you probably shouldn't be riding and don't keep a close enough eye on your surroundings to be able to avoid them. Or you think it makes you look tough would be my guess.

So now if you wear leather or other protective gear you don't know how to ride and are probably going to crash?? lol But if you are confident enough to wear jeans and a T then you are skilled enough to not worry about it? This is getting better by the minute.

You sir have now dug yourself in even deeper

ps; for the record I wear jeans and a T 3/4's of the time I am riding. BUT.... I am not out here running my mouth about what is safe and what is not etc..

Your "if you wear leather - you probably shouldn't be riding" comment should make you some friends lol

Old 05-29-2012 | 05:53 PM
Bagger71
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Midgard
So now if you wear leather or other protective gear you don't know how to ride and are probably going to crash?? lol But if you are confident enough to wear jeans and a T then you are skilled enough to not worry about it? This is getting better by the minute.

You sir have now dug yourself in even deeper

ps; for the record I wear jeans and a T 3/4's of the time I am riding. BUT.... I am not out here running my mouth about what is safe and what is not etc..

Your "if you wear leather - you probably shouldn't be riding" comment should make you some friends lol
That comment was directed at you to clear that up. And my original point when I started this was about wearing shorts & bikinis. But obviously many have a tough time paying attention to what I said. It wasn't about how much protective gear you should or shouldn't wear. It was about shorts & bikinis.

Old 05-29-2012 | 06:03 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

That comment was directed at you to clear that up. And my original point when I started this was about wearing shorts & bikinis. But obviously many have a tough time paying attention to what I said. It wasn't about how much protective gear you should or shouldn't wear. It was about shorts & bikinis.
I think YOU are the one having a tough time paying attention to what YOU said lol.

............ the contradiction continues & the hole gets deeper~

Last edited by Midgard; 05-29-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-29-2012 | 06:39 PM
MotoSoul11
Tourer

Obviously it is you that is the DOUCHEBAG! I never made any comment about HD riders being better than a Honda, Suzuki or whatever rider, idiot! I have riden for over 30 years and never said a bad word about the crotch rockets, only that was what I mostly saw. I have owned many other & not just HD. The only thing I see out of your post was that you read what you wanted to. You probably drag your feet on the ground like the rest.
I do drag my feet sometimes. I find it amusing. I wasn't referring to just you either. The douchebaggery continues....

Old 05-29-2012 | 07:26 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior

All of which I am sure you wear everyday

I guess if you have to wear jeans instead of shorts, you probably shouldn't be riding. The guys in shorts probably keep a better eye on their surroundings than you do, otherwise they would be in jeans like you?

Old 05-29-2012 | 07:32 PM
Bagger71
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I guess if you have to wear jeans instead of shorts, you probably shouldn't be riding. The guys in shorts probably keep a better eye on their surroundings than you do, otherwise they would be in jeans like you?
That sure took you long enough. I'll give you another day or so to come up with something better.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Riders, not real smart!