General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Profiled for being a biker, or a bodybuilder?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Profiled for being a biker, or a bodybuilder?

ORIGINAL: The Punisher

ORIGINAL: went_postal

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

I guess they were profiling EVERYBODY that failed to obey that Stop Sign, huh? Don't give an Officer a reason to stop ya, and you won't have to complain !!
EXACTLY.

I love when people complain about getting pulled over and they make comments like, "I was only doing 10 over the limit...."

Uh... riiiiiiggggghhhhht.

So... he got pulled over for rolling the stop sign. Which we all can and have done from time to time. I believe in some states they even consider it a roll if you do not put your feet down. I can stop my bike completely and hover without putting my feet down but in some places that is still illegal.

The search... Could have been anything from how he acted with the officer to how he smelled. Believe it or not... I know a cop that has been a cop for 20+ years and he honestly has no idea what reefer smells like. He always thinks cigar smoke may be reefer. Not like they put all the cops in a room with a bong and say, "Here... Smoke this and remember the smell.."
Actually we do!!! Not with a bong, but we do a controlled burn of marijuana for the rookies in the academy when we do thier class on drug identification. We always do it right before lunch....so they'll have the munchies.

Dang... that's just funny. =)

I am getting visions of Super Troppers here. =)

Old 01-09-2007, 06:40 AM
THEBIGPUNN
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: grunt

For everyone's edification, 3 beers in 1 hour will not put you over the legal limit. Each beer is about 25% (or .02) of the BAC limit. And each hour your body processes that amount. So in 2 hrs, the .06 would have been reduce to .02. Not even close to bustable.

And it IS only time that will allow BAC concentrations to return to 0 (or close to since the body produces some naturally).
in many states there are two drinking and driving violations. 1. over the legal limit and 2. impaired. a person can be arrested for having a .02 BAC, if the officer is able to articulate bad driving occured due to alcohol drinking....no matter how much was drank. also, a persons sex, weight, tolerance, and prior meals all have a factor on BAC. simply put....fellas dont drink and drive.

as far as profiling, look at your states motor vehicle code. the book is about as thick as los angelass' phone book! you would be surprised at the crap that you can be pulled over for. an officer doesnt have to make up anything, cause something is there for him to stop you for. also, its funny how we all want bad guys in jail but when officers go fishing for them we get upset. expect tobe stopped, and keep yourself,license, and papers legit, stay calm...you'll be on your merry way. hopefull, without a ticket!

Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Tom Ricci
Tourer

Bodybuilders aren't too bright anyways. The photographer told the guy in this picture to smile.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

i profile criminals who are committing, have committed or are about to commit crimes. motor vehicle infractions are technically 'crimes'.

and- this is a true story- when i was in the academy, the instructor said something to the effect of "when you go to court and someone asks you how you knew it was marijuana that you smelled- you should say that you know what marijuana smells like. when they ask you what marijuana smells like, your reply should be 'marijuana smells like marijuana' "

he wasnt the brightest instructor.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:33 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Smelled 'smoke'? Driving behind a car whoseoccupants are toking up is enough to have it cling to your body.

We have to agree, bad *** bikers/drug dealers/users/gangmembers/down righttrouble makersoften (not always ... just often)look like what you have described. It's just too bad that everybody who looks like that are now pigeon holed with that negative image. Sad, really...but reality... No different that the hippy types with the long hair, unshaven beards, etc...they are just as guilty looking, when it comes to that image...Not to mention, any group of young people, or anyone with tatoos, long hair, shifty eyes, or someone who simply just wears black ....Often people (not to mention the Police) make these assumptions. TSK TSK! Is all I have to say...But, having said that ... from the Police perspective ... you can never be too careful. Statistics show judgingthese 'types' (for a lack of better word) is just a precaution...It's not personal.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:51 PM
sportin_2007
Tourer

Maybe they profiled him as a SUB (Steroid Using Biker) or a PUB (Pot Using Biker). Was he wearing an FXRG jacket?

LMAO

Old 01-09-2007, 04:17 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master

A good friend of mine who is also my riding buddy is adeputy with the local county sheriffs department. He always says "you can never talk your way out of a ticket but you candefinitely talk your way into one". My guess is the guygot pulled over for rolling thru the sign then he gave thecop grief so thecop gave it back. Has nothing to due with profiling....just returning the favor.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
dmlong
Tourer

Since I bought my Ridgeback I've been pulled over nearly every time I ride it. Its never resulted in a ticket and the officer usually just wants to b.s. That's totally o.k with me,a little goodwill with the cops is a good thing.

When I'm out on the bagger they dont give me a second glance,I guess you could call that profiling.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Twenty years ago, when I was working UC, riding a city owned TourGlide & buying dope for a living I got stopped by the same cop, in an adjacent smaller town, four times in a month & a half. He would run the plate and when it came back "Nothing in Fiile" (because it was a UC vehicle)he would stop me.Finally had to call his chief & bitch. There are guys out there that are gonna stop you for being on a bike.

Now days they can run the plate and your drivers license before they initiate a traffic stop. TV News tonight showed Cleveland Police cars rigged with a camera on the roof that reads & checks 24 license plates per minute. If there is a hit on the plate, for anything from unpaid parking tickets, to homicide vehicles, they got you.
If the plates & O/L are in order (with the needed endorsement) they move on. If not, you're gonna get pinched.